i want an great effects processor instead of buying all pedals to save money and ease, but which one is better the PODXT Live or Boss GT-8??
i say the podxt is easier to set up, and less complicated than the gt-8. Get the podXT live though if you choose to go with line 6. Its more convienient on stage.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
both have pro's and cons. I chose Xt because of the expansion , and recording ability.

gt-8 has awsome effects tho.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I just got the Line 6..
I tested it right next to the Boss,
and after both runs,
i prefered the Line 6.
for four reasons
1) its SUPER easy to set up, where the boss is slightly complicated
2) I prefered the sound and tone of the pods models and effects
3) I like the ease of hooking up my computer and using line 6's software for recording, and tweaking my settings, along with the large database of tones at "custom tone"
4) the interface for controlling the effects, imo, is better handled on thepod
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
the only worry i have of going with line6 is because everyone says they sound fake but is that true?
Quote by Moonshine12
the only worry i have of going with line6 is because everyone says they sound fake but is that true?

To a certain extent...
While the tone is very good, and trust me, you can get some sick tones out of it.
Nothing is going to replicate a tube driven half stack
completely..

but i would say that it doesnt sound Fake on the whole
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Moonshine12

The PODxt's ports, and Vettas are the black sheep of the lien 6 family. Great products. ANd all modelers sound digital to a point.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I have the Boss GT-8 and while more difficult to setup than the POD, it's much more flexible and you can do more with it. Also, with the proper MIDI interface connection to your computer, you can downloads settings to the different patches on the GT-8 -- similar to what you can do on the POD.
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
I suggest you look into the other podxtl versus gt-8 threads. Theres been a doozy of them, i've been in quite a few. At the moment im pretty busy, so i won't give you all the details. I did however offer very detailed responses in the other threads. Utilise the search function next time.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
gt8 needs awhile to get used to.........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
i have the GT-8 and it's one damn frustrating multi-effect unit to get used to. the minute i unpacked it and plugged it in, i was damn psyched but when i came to like creating your own patches, i was put off for the entire week, simply because it was so frickin nerve-racking. but in the end, it pays off when you get a desired tone, but not only are you satisfied, but you also learn more on how to operate the unit. anyway, if i were you, save up some more money for the gt-8. it's worth it, trust me.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
the thing i love about my podxt live is the online tone lib. where 1000's of people post there tones. if your looking to sound like slash...type in slash and bam you got 300 tones to choose from people have made. it takes the work outa creating your own tones. you can get one someone else made and use it as a solid basis to tweak the way you like it.