Page 1 of 4
What is your personal Punk song and why?

My all time song is 'Each dollar a Bullet' By Stiff Little fingers. The reason it's this song is because, although it's about the Bigotry problems in Northern Ireland,It means alot to me because alot of the same Bigotry in Ireland happens in Scotland for some stupid reason. You see they have two football teams here,Celtic and Rangers, and ones viewed as Catholic and the other as Protestdant,and although I'm not Catholic I support Celtic. Because of the Bigotry Bulls**t I took a Kicking from 4 guys. This Song makes me want to stick my fingers up to Racists and Bigots everywhere. Anyway enough of my ramble whats Your personal Punk song?
She's a Cadaver - Pagans.

Not really. I can't think of any specific songs right now.
Revenge - Black Flag

i really like the song and it brings energy (i like the live version better). it really eminates a feeling for me about not letting yourself be pushed around.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Capitalism is Cannibalism- Anthrax (THE CRUST BAND, Not The metal band)

or

Depression- Black Flag

CiC is my beliefs entirely.

And Depression is just my favorite song of all time.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by Joe Publicity
^

Why?

The song is calm, and clean. I feel my life is like that a lot, although I have a lot of excitement from music and sports, that in the downtime that song is how I feel...just relaxed and happy. And I like the feeling I get when I listen to it.

EDIT: I realize I just lost about a million punk points for this post.
Quote by waterproofpie
The song is calm, and clean. I feel my life is like that a lot, although I have a lot of excitement from music and sports, that in the downtime that song is how I feel...just relaxed and happy. And I like the feeling I get when I listen to it.

I thought you said "And I like the farting I get when I listen to it."

Probably Elvis Costello if he counts, or television.
Jizz is where it is
yeah but u just gained about 2 mill ska points so its ok.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by planetary ruins
Any song dystopia or sea of deprivation did those lyrics really strike home hard

+40245820 Crust points.

Dystopia PWNS.
Quote by waterproofpie

Do punks cry?

Yeah...Punks cry.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
"Were gonna go into Iraq... **** YOU...and were gonna...****...Bomb the place...**** YOU!"

Priceless.
Mine would probably be something by the Minutemen. They aren't my favorite band, but it seems like all of their songs are short masterpieces.
Well, it's not punk, but my personal song is Man on the Silver Mountain by Ronnie James Dio.

'Cause punk or not, Dio owns, and I love impersonating him.

My Personal Punk song = Nervous Breakdown by Black Flag because everytime I hear it I want to punch someone.
Quote by CowsWithGuns

Do punks cry?

Yeah...Punks cry.

I'm one happy mother ****er, I will admit that, but I am no pansy.

FACT.
Lower Class Brats - "Psycho"

OR

Any Choking Victim song ever..

Just because my best friend and I can listen to any of those songs and the rest of the world is gone... I've been friends with the guy for years and we've been through everything together. Especially now that he's living on the streets and I'm away at college, every time we get to see each other is the best time spent. So any song I can enjoy with him and feel a strong brotherhood is good.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Well, it's not punk, but my personal song is Man on the Silver Mountain by Ronnie James Dio.

'Cause punk or not, Dio owns, and I love impersonating him.

My Personal Punk song = Nervous Breakdown by Black Flag because everytime I hear it I want to punch someone.

Haha that's what I always say! Black Flag makes you wanna punch people. It's great.

I would say No Values by Black Flag.
Rip It Up, by The Adolescents.

I'm not sure why. When I think of those days (and nights), this is the song that just fits.
Silver Lining - Stiff little fingers just becasue its such a good song or Nuff cuts by Lightyear, because it manages to be nonsensical and almost militantly non-conformist at the same time, and makes me want to fight back
"No one ? and I repeat, no one ? has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the f*ckin' flag, see. That's freedom." - Bill Hicks
Living Wreck by the Prostitutes because I'm so medically ****ed up.
The RipOuts snotty punk rock

Got my leather jacket on and my mind is gone

Baby drop that needle, we can dance all night.
Hitler's in the Charts Again by the Exploited... I totally love the way its about how all mass media is controlled by the big corporations nd govts nd ****... nd how they migt as well be nazis... ya kno?
Blag is God... Dwarves Army #1
PM to join...

#126 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" club. PM Whstripesrox to join.

#1 hater of the "Led Zeppelin Sucks" Club.
Zombie-Screeching Weasel: Cause I want your brain!

Nervous Breakdown-Black Flag: Because in life, I'm one of the craziest people you'd ever meet.

Pinhead-Ramones: My namesake, hello!

Back Against The Wall-Circle Jerks and Revenge-Black Flag: Because I feel like people always have me trapped in a corner, and I want to bust their ass for it.
Some of these answers and really deep...

"this song rules cause it makes me pissed, and stuff, man!"
Yeah except Rollins was straightedge, and it was a sarcastic song about how americans spend too much time watching TV
To be honest, my personal punk song is one that I've written.

Here's a very personal one

called dance and you can hear the new mp3 of it on my bands myspace:

I think about / you and me / Washington / DC / we was talking / all through the night / didnt notice / the ****ing time / woah / woah / this our rock and roll / woah / woah / our last testament to rock and roll / we got bought up / in the hype / in alcoholic / rage-filled nights / those nights we spent together / in the rhode island sky/ and we dance / this dance for days / we leave it / in a better place / lets go gentle / into this night / burn our ashes / and our bridges / to their delight / woah / woah / this our rocknroll / the testament to rock and roll / woah / woah / this our rock and roll / woah / woah / this is our rocknroll / the last testament of rocknroll / this is our rocknroll

So I was in Providence, Rhode Island talking with Christa Gianfrancesco and she was telling about she's never had a good song written about her, so I told her I'd write her one. It's about singing your own songs and creating your own realities and ****ing doing it yourself. It's about getting up and not waiting for **** to happen, it's about acting out and being spontaneous, which we were (and I'd like to think still are). She changed me alot and without her I don't think I'd be in this band.

At the same time this song is about how I felt when I found out I was living the Magazine Love song Silly Boy, I thought that these desperate moments [would] last forever all through the summer but when I came back to Alabama looking for that same rock and roll or whatever the **** I had up north, it wasnt there. No one gave a **** about me, and no one especially gave a **** about anything I had to say musically. I looked to my newfound friends out of town for guidance because they were my only friends left. Trey and I eventually started playing music together and some sanity came out of that but there was a long gap in Nestor Makhno and it took us a while to find a group of kids that would appreciate our music. This band started out playing for kids who hung out at Kenny Mangos and Old Towne Coffee Shoppe and like smoking pot and thinking theyre very sophisticated you know, the Huntsville High crowd. But it was all we knew at the time, they were our friends and we figured that theyd give a **** about us and enjoy the music we made. We were wrong. I lost a lot of friends while starting this band but I always kept in touch with those I had outside of Huntsville. They supported me throughout this whole process.

I wrote this song when I came back from Washington DC and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to have my Grandmas funeral. Christa and I talked on the phone for about 3 hours the first night I was in town and my conversation with her was the reason I stayed in tact throughout the whole funeral process. I dont think she knows that but she probably saved me from going crazy those days that I was stuck in DC and being generally ignored by all of the adults, my only refuge being my two second cousins (who are 2 and 5). Amongst my own family I felt like a **** up and an outsider. I couldnt really relate to my grandmothers side of the family. I guess Im not as Jewish as I joke I am.

Also, this song was written to serve as a wake up call to all of my friends who didnt support what I was doing creatively. It said to them **** you, I dont care what you think anymore, this is my rock and roll and you cant do **** about it. It felt powerful to write that out and I hope its conveyed in the song well.

I wrote this song while listening to a lot of A Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra + Tra-La-La Band and the main line in the chorus is a restatement of one of their albums (This is Our Punk Rock thee rusted satellites gather + sing), with great anarcho-metaphors.

Im glad that Christa has a song written about her because shes such an amazing person and she definitely deserves it due to all the **** shes helped me through and I love her.

-David Moronic

all my songs are a big chunk of me and try and pour out emotion into their writting process and when I sing them.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by somepunkkid
T.V. Party - I know the pain felt in that song when the T.V. breaks and you are almost out of beers

TV Party is the only recorded single that has Emil as the drummer!
I suppose I might as well lose some punk points too.

Depression by Black Flag - I've had problems with depression in the past and still do to a lesser extent so I can relate to this song.

Loser's Club by Lower Class Brats - EVERYONE can relate to this song.

Forward To Death by Dead Kennedys - I despise the town I live in and the overwhelming majority of the people I've met. Their attitudes, lifestyles and stupidity makes me sick. (I'm moving soon though. HUZZAH!)

Friend To The Friendless by WIFS - I'm a very reclusive person and only associate with a few people. I've been a friend to the friendless on several occasions and have been in the reverse role more often. This song captured some of my feelings on this situation pretty well. Funnily enough, you'd never guess it in a million years if you met me.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Last edited by CowsWithGuns at May 11, 2006,
Gang Green - Alcohol

Eddie and the Hot Rods - Teenage Depression

Suburban Studs - I hate School

The Gears - Dont Be Afraid to Pogo

Black Flag - Rise Above
Murder City Nights - Radio Birdman : Because the line "fighting off terminal seventies stasis" perfectly describes how I felt as a little kid in the late 70s/early 80s. Also, the song always reminds me of my departed guitarist from my 80s punk band, who was a huge Birdman fan, like me.
Sonic Reducer - Dead Boys : Because I don't need anyone
Satellite -Sex Pistols : Because I hate the suburbs
What's This Sh*t Called Love - Pagans: Because love is a stupid chemical addiction
In-Sight - Dead Kennedys : Because that's how I felt in school
My World - Descendents : Because I don't need stupid people in my life
Last edited by johnnynemo at May 11, 2006,
Gotta Getaway - Stiff Little fingers, cos I live in a crappy little chav-infested town/village with nothing to do and I wanna move to the city where stuff happens. Nothing ever chanegs round here.
Enjoy yourself - The Specials, cos I just really like the sentiment it's putting out and it makes me wanna skank immensely.
Sound System - Operation Ivy, cos I always use music to bring me up when I'm down
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Ever Fallen In Love- Buzzcocks
My oh so deep reason is: It's so damn true!
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
Page 1 of 4