So I've been lookin on Musician Friend.com at the Multi Effects boards. I've found some ones that seem really awesome made by Digitech. Three particular models I've looked at are:

-The GNX4: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=150848

-The GNX3000: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=156601

-The RPx400: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Recording/Gear?sku=150843

They seem like they do everything. I mean, they have a bunch of popular stomp box effects, a wah-wah pedal, plus you can add "patches" of almost any effect, and even create your own! They include recording software, a drum machine, loop station, and all kinds of other featrues. They truly sound too good to be true....which leads me too my question...

If these things are so great, and so much less messy then a bunch of stomp boxes etc, then howcome I havent seen any of them during live preformance? Howcome stomp boxes are still popular. It doesnt make sense to me. I want to buy one of these things, but am I better off just sticking with the traditional effects?

Also, does anyone have, or have played around with, any of these models? What do you think?

Any advice from you seasoned veterans would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
..nvm

[edit] the reason everything like that is cheap is because it lacks in sound quality. for beginners that want to learn what each different effect does and how it shapes your tone, theyre great. but what those are are 'modeling' pedals. basically meaning they try to reproduce the sounds/tones of famous high end pedals/amps.

but theyre fun to mess around with, and they make recording a breeze. like i said, a learning beginner: great. a serious tone hoggin' gigger: no way jose.

the multi-effects pedals also are useful live to switch easily back and forth between two completely different tones
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
have you ever considered looking at other brands like line 6 and boss? IMO digitech lacks sound quality. they are not good. try looking at the line 6 podxt live or the boss gt-8. or maybe try single pedals
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
have you ever considered looking at other brands like line 6 and boss? IMO digitech lacks sound quality. they are not good. try looking at the line 6 podxt live or the boss gt-8. or maybe try single pedals

i think the price of the Digitech is what hes going for right now...

do you have a budget, threadstarter?
Yes definitley. Im currently a college student looking to support myself and wanting to start a band, so even the $300 to $500 range will be an extra few shifts at work. What Line 6 and Boss models would you recommend? I've also seen the Jimi Hendix Pedal, and others like that. What is the deal with those?

Thanks for all the help!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
i think the price of the Digitech is what hes going for right now...

do you have a budget, threadstarter?

but digitech is not like what we say "you get what you pay for". you pay a lot for digitech but you stil get crap. i say still go for boss and line 6.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

god! if your going to buy the GNX3000 or GNX4, just buy your self a PODXt or a gt6,trust me. or better yet dont buy any gnx series. dont be fooled by those exaggerated infos on the gnx series!!

seriously
honestly i use digitech and i wont touch their multi effects boards, id seriously say boss gt 6 or 8 ive never used a POd
Try to go the little bit extra and buy the Boss GT-8. The 6 is nice, but the 8 sounds better, has more features, is able to be linked to a PC via USB, and its not tan.
guys realize that this guy is supportin himself and going to college. "try going for a little bit extra" is going to be hell.

the deal with the Jimi Hendrix pedal and others like it are...basically dont get them. That goes for the EX-7 "expression factory" as well. They cost a butt load of money and sound sub-par.

How about a new amp? One with built in effects? Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix....?
A few decent analog pedals go much further than a ****ty multi-FX pedal.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
i just want to say that if Judas Priest can use the GMX series pedals, then its ok for anyone to use them. granted they used their old Marshalls and new Mesas and stuff, but they chose digietch over boss and line 6. just something to think about.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
^What a ****ty argument. Please don't use that again.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
well if your short in cash, you could try the KorgAX1500g its better than any of the gnx series.
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own