thinking of getting a vox valvetronix. can a 30 watt be powerful enough to play over drums, bass, etc.? im gonna be playing at a small gig thingy.
I think it should be enough, i have a 40 watt amp and i played over drums and another guitar not even at half volume, so i think a 30 watt should do good enough at a little gig
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I own the 50watt vox and is is definately loud enough, I definately recomend saving up just a little longer to get the 50 watt you wont be dissapointed
yeah im trying to decide between the 30 and the 50 watt. On ebay it looks like a could get a 30 watt for like 150 but there arnt many 50 watts.
i got a 25 and i can play over a drumset fairly well, but i have to crank it up almost halfway.
Yeah so a 30 watt should be enough...but for bigger gigs outside and stuff you need a bigger set up
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

you can get a 10-watt to be heard over drums without totally cranking it. (trust me, I've done it) granted, that's for practice, but just to put things in perspective.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
ull be heard over drums but with solid state amps its always best not to push it to the max.

so for best tone ull want a 50W vox. so u can use it at lower volumes.

plus the 50W vox has a better speaker than the 30.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Meh, I've cranked my Vox AD15VT over drums. Sounds just fine. Granted I can only do it about once a month so it doesn't crap out on me
If you played at a big enough gig you could always mic it.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
@Those guys who can be heard over the drums using 10 watt amps

How the **** do you do that... explain me. I got a Fender Frontman 15R and I swear I'd NEVER EVER hear it over the drums. Trust me, I've tried.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
^^^if you can hear a 10 watt amp then its time to replace the drummer along with the amp. But if it was me and I had the extra money to spend id go for the 50 but thats only if i was happy with everything else in my setup. I mean you can live with the 30 and spend the extra cash on a diff. speaker if you wanted because even the speaker in the 50 isnt going to equal up to a celestion or higher priced speaker.
^^ mine did just! but we had a marshall MG30 my cube 30 and my mates 30 watt bass amp and we all had it cranked to at least 3/4 of the way. and the drums sumhow still managed to drown us out even though he had a cusion in the bass drum to muffle it a bit. :S
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
i have a band with some friends and only the 100watts amp can go for real over drums (maybe cause the drumer hits very hard the drums ,anyway) but the 60 wont go over that FOR SURE trust me

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
Quote by Davidian
My cube 30 could not get over the drummer.

You need a new drummer, then.

I had no problem getting over the drummer at my church with my Cube 30 at around 3-4 on the Metal Stack setting. He was a competent drummer who doesn't just sit there and beat the hell out of the heads and cymbals.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

i love all these posts.

basically it depends on the type of music u play, and how important tone quality is to you.

i saw a cube 30 play to an audience of about 300 over a drummer.
YES, u will hear it but its a solid state amp, they arent meant to be pushed "that" high,
they muddy up.
so if u can afford the larger watt, then get it.

^ of course u can hear 60 over a drummer.
and a 12W over a drummer on vol 3??? hmmm
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^Maybe it was an all-tube with a megaphone for a speaker?

Anyway, speaking of speakers, I think the threadstarter should go for the 50watt, since it has a better quality speaker in it.