Im a beginner/advanced guitarist who has decided to start a band. I really think the band would be better if i had an effects pedal, but with so much to pick and not wanting to spend a crazy amount of cash what do you all think i should get?

So you wanna know what i want it to sound like?

bands i love are...
1) Motion City Soundtrack
2) Blink 182
3) Angels And Airwaves
4) The Killers
5) Avenged Sevenfold (more metal, but i still like em)
Quote by scottydosntkno8
Im a beginner/advanced guitarist who has decided to start a band. I really think the band would be better if i had an effects pedal, but with so much to pick and not wanting to spend a crazy amount of cash what do you all think i should get?

Wtf?
meaning im not a beginner, but not yet advanced...inbetween-ish
...shun the nonbeliever...
I have a ZOOM707II...it has alot of really neat effects and distortions, but it's one hell of a tedious bastard for $250...I mostly use the tuner:P
Quote by NAME GOES HERE

Did you see what I did there? I made fun of his mom!
i cant stand zoom, or cheap multi effects.

what amp are u usin. whats ur budget.

this is the wrong section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Zooms are nasty peices, what a humming they do.

Probably best to take you 'intermediate' ass down to a guitar shop. Try out all the distortion pedals in sight. Do the same with reverb and delay. Once you find the ones you like remember the names and check the internet for them. They're always cheaper on the net.
a pedal isn't going to make your band any better. have your band wear make-up instead.
Quote by VR6 Stoner
a pedal isn't going to make your band any better. have your band wear make-up instead.

and jump around too much, it will make you look proffessional and cool
Stop that zoom ****...Multi FX suck I had a bad experience with a boss gt8(the best FX processor in the world)

Don't buy multi fx crap

Go to jim dunlop's site or boss and search the electronics(Every pedal that you think that's good for you just search a review for it on guitar sites).....if you don't find what you're looking for just search this site there are TONS of threads about that....
Quote by jj1565
i cant stand zoom, or cheap multi effects.

what amp are u usin. whats ur budget.

this is the wrong section.

jenny you know you can report a thread to get it moved

edit:
Quote by rubberbullets
and jump around too much, it will make you look proffessional and cool

judging from the post you quoted i guess that was all being sarcastic and i gotta say is whats wrong with jumping even red hot chili peppers jumped around when they were at slane castle
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at May 9, 2006,
Yeah, but chili peppers don't need to jump around, I don't think it adds much to a performance, but at least the peppers have substance, if you're not into that sort of thing at least you can do what you came to do: listen to the music. Also, if you've seen the dani california video they **** all over crappy music genre cliches, including emo bands jumping around and acting like tools.
buy a good boss distortion pedal like the OD-1, SD-1, SD-2 or OD-2. don't buy multi-fx pedals, they are way too digital sounding!!!
...and when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown...
Floyd 4 Life
Quote by scottydosntkno8
meaning im not a beginner, but not yet advanced...inbetween-ish

you mean intermediate?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by rubberbullets
How can he be intermediate when all the bands he lists only have beginners level songs

The solos and harmonic interludes on City of Evil (Avenged Sevenfolds latest CD) are intermediate in skill level.

Still sucks though.
avenged sevenfold is penis...... Wearing make up and crap.....

Dont buy the digital fx board, they are pretty digital like a ****ty mg amp. but they should do on big ass amps i think which i didnt test on when i was in the store.

dude, you know u can start a band with accoustic and only drums and u be singer. shoot, you dont need always pedals to make you sound unique, korn be overrating it lol.
check out digitech's website..some of there pedals are like 40 bucks and they have samples of the sounds you can get
Quote by azn_guitarist25
jenny you know you can report a thread to get it moved

edit:

haha, yeah i know. i think i learned that a few days ago.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

my current amp is a small Fender Frontman II 25R and im trying to get sounds on guitar so its not just simple clean and distortion on my crappy little amp
...shun the nonbeliever...
fender 25R has an ok clean. its the distortion thats crappy at high volumes.

so, you can get a high gain pedal, but its still going to break up when u push the volume over a drummer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62