sorry that this is my 3rd thread today but i've been wondering about this.

ok, so i have the self titled Led Zeppelin DVD and the Cream Reunion DVD and they're both at The Royal Albert Hall (1st disc of the Zeppelin is). now if any of you have both of them, you've probably noticed this too but are the people in the crowd like not allowed to talk or something? the crowds were pretty much silent the whole time. for example, during Dazed and Confused when Jimmy Page is fiddling with the bow, it's dead silent in the crowd. so yeah, i've always just kind of wondered about that.

or maybe they just edited the crowd noise out and i'm just being paranoid.
I noticed that on the Cream DVD as well, they never really cheer or anything.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
I think it's a sign of respect. Would you really want to go to a concert and have all the music drowned out by screams and cheers? I think we all learned what happens when you do that after Pink Floyd's incident in Montreal (I think) '77.
They go nuts in the middle of Badge. And between songs on the Zep DVD the crowd cheers, particularly before Whole Lotta Love. And you can hear someone laugh in the middle of How Many More Times when Robert's making zany noises.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
they might have edited the sound a bit
thank god they are quiet, at least you can hear the music, beatlemania anyone??
Quote by MountainJam
How do i contract brain damage?
old Beatle's concerts just sound like thousands of chipmunks with an endless oxygen supply screaming
the Royal Albert Hall is also used for classical concerts, so there might be a sign there that says quiet or something
I can hear lots of crowd noise between songs, it's probably beacuse there in shock due to the greatness.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
thats never happened whenever ive been to the royal albert hall and i havent seen any signs
"The guitar is part of him.
It can cry aloud with him,
expressing his anger and elation,
his moments of majestic serenity
and his extended torrents of power."

Mark Knopfler on Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Garf72
old Beatle's concerts just sound like thousands of chipmunks with an endless oxygen supply screaming

Yeah, I hated that stuff but the chicks seemed to lighten up a little as time went on.
Its most likely that they just took the audio from the sound desk, mixed it and cut out the crowd noise. During the tracks its not going to be like a pop concert though where people sing all the lyrics to 'angels' and Robbie Williams hands the mic out to the audience, the crowd at those shows are there to see the bands not be 12 year old girls singing with their dream husband or whatever.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I guess i'll explain it. You see when people play good songs like led zeppelin do and cream for example, the people watch in silence because of the playing. how often do you hear people screaming they're heads off in the middles of songs, albeit as you said the beatles.

as for the bow part, well come on they would just be watching, possibly entranced. its not that they edited stuff out signs were up to please be quiet. how often do you see those up in concerts, that would just be retarded. Then when the songs are done they cheer as you can clearly hear on the cd. As in the cream one it is little unusually quiet but the concert Hall is mostly inhabited by older people from 30-60ish. and in between songs they cheer as most concerts do. So it is not that they are purposefully silent or have been edited, it is thast they are just watching the muscians play and happen to be silent.

If you're screaming you're head off and yelling in nonsense its usually a little harder to enjoy the show, not always but in the case of Zeppelin and Cream who would want to miss any part of it?
How many of you people know you're alive?
word on the street is that ginger baker threatened to drop kick anyone that talked
Quote by Jarrett Moore
I guess i'll explain it. You see when people play good songs like led zeppelin do and cream for example, the people watch in silence because of the playing. how often do you hear people screaming they're heads off in the middles of songs, albeit as you said the beatles.

as for the bow part, well come on they would just be watching, possibly entranced. its not that they edited stuff out signs were up to please be quiet. how often do you see those up in concerts, that would just be retarded. Then when the songs are done they cheer as you can clearly hear on the cd. As in the cream one it is little unusually quiet but the concert Hall is mostly inhabited by older people from 30-60ish. and in between songs they cheer as most concerts do. So it is not that they are purposefully silent or have been edited, it is thast they are just watching the muscians play and happen to be silent.

If you're screaming you're head off and yelling in nonsense its usually a little harder to enjoy the show, not always but in the case of Zeppelin and Cream who would want to miss any part of it?

yeah i know, but it's seems just so unrealistic that almost EVERYONE of the thousands of people at those shows would be completely quiet.
Quote by distilledspirit
Yeah, I hated that stuff but the chicks seemed to light up a little as time went on.

There, it's fixed. They just replaced that oxygen supply with a different type of supply.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.