Alright guys (and gals), I've decided to with a 4X12 Mesa Vintage 30 Cab. NOW for the true sound part. I have narrowed it down to 1. Mesa Dual Rectifier 2. Peavey 5150 (or 6505, I believe?) 3. JCM 2000 (or 800) 4. (Ampeg, Someone told me to check it out). My previous post was all about this decision... I want a beefy crunch sound w/ a rich clean channel. I play music similar to once again, Audioslave/Godsmack/Theory of a Deadman/Chevelle. So any thoughts? Ya'll will be helpin' a guy so much. Rockin'!
Not fond of any of those clean channels, although I supposed they'll do, if you couple them with a nice chorus pedal.

JCM 800's will give more of a hard rock sound, not so much metal, although you can push it there. The JCM 2000's are more modern voiced - most people favor the DSL over the TSL.

Dual Rectifiers. . . you get what you pay for. It's quite a bit, at that.

Peavey 6505's are dark sounding, and will do metal much better than a JCM will. The 'clean' channel isn't the greatest, though.
i'd go with a dual recto. it'll do chevell and godsmack great. it wont be as good for audio slave though. i dunno the other band.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
i'd go with a dual recto. it'll do chevell and godsmack great. it wont be as good for audio slave though. i dunno the other band.

yeah totally.

the 5150 is a killer amp, but not for that kind of stuff.

i vote Dual Recto.

...this should have been a poll.
Quote by guitarrocka205
keep 'em comin' guys.... this is a total poll.

should have made it a POLL then. lol. itz kewlz th0.
What about the Stiletto's ? I've heard they have more of a quote, "British rock" sound. I love the way it looks though! Although looks aren't everything, I've seen hard rock bands play with the amp. Deuce and Trident.... what's the difference?
I'm not familiar with an Ampeg head, but i have an Ampeg combo and i love it to death. It won't be the amp for your style, though, if it's like my ampeg. The cleans are magnificent, and the overdrive is absolutely fabulous, but a pedal would be needed to push it into metal territory.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Wow, i jsut looked at your choices. Great selection. I haven't heard of those bands, but i'm into a bit of the los angeles stuff from Morello's other band. Anyways, I think you should go with the first 3 choices. Cut the ampeg, i don't know if they do guitar amps. I know they have bass, and thats pretty good, but the other 3 choices seem to fit your style of music better.

Mesa - Great sound, great tone, definetly the better tonal voicing of the 3.

Peavey - pretty versatile, with some tube changes the cleans will soar

Marshall - Good solid sound, great choice for rock sounds.

So right now you should be looking at either mesa or marshall: the peavey just doesn't sound as good. For the marshall, i'm talking about the jcm800 of course. See if you can find older models, master volume ones. Those seem to offer the best tone.

Anyways, in the end, it's what you think sounds better. While both of them are obvoiusly the best of the 4 choices, their tonal varieties differ in that the marshall gives a more older 80's suited rock/metal sound depending on your setup, and the Mesa gives a more modern tone.

FINAL VERDICT: Mesa, for the following reasons:
Morello is a relatively modern guitarist, so it'll follow suit.
It offers better modern sounds, as mentioned beforehand.
More importantly, mesa amps have a lot of versatility if you use a lot of pedals. Im guessing you're gonna need wah, whammy, and all sorts of modulation. I like to keep it simple on marshall amps because they just lose tone if you have a long pedal chain. I think it's the mesa's updated circuitry that prevents that from happening, and that's very important for me. I don't know how much or how often you use pedals, but i find that the tone of the mesa is overall better than the marshall.
Hope this helps, good luck with your search
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
Wow, i jsut looked at your choices. Great selection. I haven't heard of those bands, but i'm into a bit of the los angeles stuff from Morello's other band. Anyways, I think you should go with the first 3 choices. Cut the ampeg, i don't know if they do guitar amps. I know they have bass, and thats pretty good, but the other 3 choices seem to fit your style of music better.

Mesa - Great sound, great tone, definetly the better tonal voicing of the 3.

Peavey - pretty versatile, with some tube changes the cleans will soar

Marshall - Good solid sound, great choice for rock sounds.

So right now you should be looking at either mesa or marshall: the peavey just doesn't sound as good. For the marshall, i'm talking about the jcm800 of course. See if you can find older models, master volume ones. Those seem to offer the best tone.

Anyways, in the end, it's what you think sounds better. While both of them are obvoiusly the best of the 4 choices, their tonal varieties differ in that the marshall gives a more older 80's suited rock/metal sound depending on your setup, and the Mesa gives a more modern tone.

FINAL VERDICT: Mesa, for the following reasons:
Morello is a relatively modern guitarist, so it'll follow suit.
It offers better modern sounds, as mentioned beforehand.
More importantly, mesa amps have a lot of versatility if you use a lot of pedals. Im guessing you're gonna need wah, whammy, and all sorts of modulation. I like to keep it simple on marshall amps because they just lose tone if you have a long pedal chain. I think it's the mesa's updated circuitry that prevents that from happening, and that's very important for me. I don't know how much or how often you use pedals, but i find that the tone of the mesa is overall better than the marshall.
Hope this helps, good luck with your search
Cheers

that took time and effort. and it was all 100% correct. so here ya go
Thanks Blinkblinkblink, Yea I never thought to mention the pedals I'd be using. I have BOSS: DD-2(digital delay) , PH-2(phaser) , BF-2(flanger) , TR-2(tremolo) - these are through a loop. The straight to amp effects are a 535Q(crybaby) , WH-1(whammy), and TU-2(boss tuner). I'm using a two channel pedal for my Crate BV amp right now. How would these work with the Mesa (dual/stiletto)?
Don't count out the Ampeg until you've tried it. It wasn't even an option to me when i was looking for amps until i plugged into mine and fell in love.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...