Well, my second ever guitar was a black Epiphone SG Special. I sold that to buy an Epi Special II LP which I then sold to buy a Gibson Les Paul. I really miss my SG and really want it back. My budget is under $300.00. If I do get one, I would get it in the apple green or cherry red. Maybe later put a pickguard on it.

Would it be a good deal to buy an Epi SG Special again?
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
The LP was on a huge sale. I should take pics for you. But do you think buying an Epi SG would be okay?
My Gear:

1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Dude, Epiphone SG special and les paul special II's are the worst guitars epiphone makes... stick with your Gibson.
i say go for it. just dont put too much money into it, or you'll kick yourself for not buying a better guitar. when has the SG Special been apple green? i've only seen it in ebony or red?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
You can probably get a better guitar for the money. If you are anywhere near Ottawa or Toronto, go to Steve's Music... they should carry Tokai '61 SG copies which are really really good for about $550 Canadian. I know it's way over budget, but they are the best SG copies I've seen.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

his gibson is the "signature" series that you can buy at bust buy.
real piece of ****.
i would have worshiped your crap epiphones compared to that.
if you'd believe me i'd tell you everything
Last edited by xCompanyCalls at May 9, 2006,
^Haha, signature series.

To threadstarter: Go and play loads of guitars in some shops, decide what you like more than your current guitar.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by angusyoungwanab
i say go for it. just dont put too much money into it, or you'll kick yourself for not buying a better guitar. when has the SG Special been apple green? i've only seen it in ebony or red?

That's the green one.
My Gear:

1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Ya, your current guitar is made of plywood (lol, pwned), so you can't buy a guitar that's any worse...

EDIT:

OMG PWNED.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at May 9, 2006,