I just want to know what people have to say about the LTD deluxe line... I like the black cherry eclipse but I've never seen it in person so I don't know if it looks as good as it does in the picture. I suppose you are just paying more money for an EC-400 with looks but it looks pretty killer! And also the body is a bit different with that abalone trim.

COMMENTS PLEASE...
i have a deluxe m-1000 it has emg 81s which i personally like a lot, and a floyd rose abalony inlays flame top body its awesome
its a pretty version of the 400
id pay the extra 150-200 for the deluxe
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
The EC-1000 is an archtop, the ec400 is a flat top. That makes mucho difference.

It's not just cosmetics.
Quote by Danno13
The EC-1000 is an archtop, the ec400 is a flat top. That makes mucho difference.

It's not just cosmetics.

ive played both but i dont remeber that though

your most likely right though

well to explain the difference to the thread starter

an archtop will make it sound fatter due to the more wood mass around the pups

( i dont think your a dumbass...just clarifying in case you didnt know)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
numbfinger: Thanks for clarifying... I did not know that and I was going to ask
the EC 400AT , is thicker than the EC1000 (as thick as a real LP)with only 22 frets so you get the classic neck bucker sound, comes with a JB and 59, only comes in black or goldtop which is a bummer, it sounded as sweet as the 1000 with SDs. But to save $ I like the look of the 500 better. I tried the ec400 with EMgs and a 1000 with Duncans and the 1000 sounded way better as did the 400AT with SDs, the 400 w/ EMGs sounded thin
the black cherry looks much better in real life than in pictures. i have the LTD DLX EC-1000 and it looks/plays awesome.
Quote by Danno13

It's not just cosmetics.

The EC-400AT is an arch top, and pretty much the same guitar structurally and quality-wise as the EC-1000. The 1000 has the cosmetic differences (mainly tha abalone) and better hardware.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor