just wonder what brands lose thier value the quickest so i can go scrounge through ebay for a cheap good guitar
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
i think a 59 les paul would lose its value.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^lol.

What type of guitars are you looking to buy/styles do you play?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
you mean liek body style? LP, SG, Strat, Super strat

led zeppelin, metallica, megadeth, sublime, black sabbath, G N' R, rancid, A7X
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Last edited by Vandaliztik at May 9, 2006,
^ yeah that or schectors. i dont think either would hold their value well.

unlike a gibson that holds it value the way ozzy wishes he could hold his bladder.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
If you are looking for something that is cheap just because it doesn't hold up because of it's name, go something made from a small company in the country you live in, because their names are no well known most people assume they are one of the millions of asian generic brands so they are hard to sell, you will be able to find one at a good price, possibly superior to those brands that maintain their value just because of the name on their headstocks
Unless there's already been shown to be a strong market for originals, antiques, and older models, then there's no guarantee that there'll be a market for them in future.

So basically... Right now, 50 year old Gibsons are worth a lot more than they were 50 years ago.

But in 50 years time, 100 year old gibsons and 50 year old Gibsons will likely be in demand.

However... Nobody knows if 50 year old Ibanez will be in demand in 50 years time.

I'd say, right now, anything other than a MAJOR brand will lose value relatively quickly, particularly any brand that prides itself on modernity.
BC Rich, unless you get the high end models (which aren't even that great for the prices).
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
my schecter went up in value.^

whats ur budget. and do u want a single coil or humbucker guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Parker's USA models generally sell for very low prices on Ebay. Niteflies that usually go between $1300-$1500 can be found around $600-800. Of course you'd have to be ok with the parker shape
Parker Nitefly SA
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor 2
Jay Turser Serpant LP copy
Squier strat
Takamine Acoustic

Peavey Ultra 410
Behringer Vintager AC112
yea, if you want to go on ebay - go for parker or carvin

them>all the rest

and if you dont find what you're looking for carvin can build you a very nice guitar for good money (just look at DC127) - cheap customs
-Mike
^I've heard nothing but good on the Carvins. And to the idiot who said a 59 Les Paul, Dude, those are worth thousands, especially if they have the original pickups (and humbuckers). There is no way he's going to get a cheap '59 Les Paul, even if it is a Custom Shop Reissue (which still sell for around $3000-$4000). Anyway, back on topic, I'd look into the Carvins, cause they are really nice (from what I've heard).

Edit: Also look into Godin. Canadian made, very cheap, very durable and great sounding and playing guitars.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
^do you really think i was stupid enough to not realise that. its a thing called 'sarcasm'. now say it with me i want to be sure you undertstand this SARCASM. you, its the art of being sarcastic? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? do you want me to say it slower. S-A-R-C-A-S-M.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel