I play metal generaly, and I want a pedal with really heavy distortion is this a good pledal to choose?

if not are there any other on the market atm that are better?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
I have that pedal, and it is pretty good. But if you play high notes on it, it sounds wierd.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
OK, what amp do you have?
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
a **** cruiser 10 watt...
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Well, personally, I've sound all the "metal pedals" to sound like ass....metal zone, death metal, etc.

It's the ones that aren't advertised as metal ones that have much better tone.

Jackyl and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion

Both amazing pedals, I'd try the Jackyl first, as it is more than likely the better one.
yeah....any pedal with metal in its name sounds worse than dropping a large amount of metal on your amp
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
In that case, a new amp is what you really need.. But if you can't afford a decent amp, then go for what ibanez4life SZ! suggested.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
what is your budget? if its non existent i would advise you to look at some damage control pedals
knowing what amp you, i'd suggest the mt-2 metal zone. my amp's crappy as sh!t too but once i plug this lil stompbox in, i wouldn't be able to tell if i had this massive mesa boogie or a worthless 15 watt amp that came along with a guitar package
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
^ just a quick question, are you in possession of some ears? maybe you should give them a try once in a while...
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
IHMO you should not use good money for good pedals on a crap amp.

Save the $120 you'd spend on a Jeckyll/Hyde, save up some extra cash and grab a Roland cube 30.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
i had the DDM, i liked the sound and the mixer output to record on the computer, but after some time i noticed that the EQ was limited so i suggest to buy the pedal and when you got tired of the sound buy an EQ pedal to expand the DDM sounds
i wouldn't. i would save for a better amp and then figure it out from there. I wasted 95 bucks on the MT-2, and when my amp comes, im gonna use my amp distortion and probably never use the pedal again
Member of the LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker fan club. PM fenderfreak101 or me_and_my_esp to join.
Quote by fenderfreak101
sorry i dont understand dumbass language.

Member #8 of the "Can't we forget about all the subgenres & just ROCK?" group PM rockon1824
yeah
Get a amp with a decent distortion tbh.

I have a crappy FORCE series amp (Never heard of them rofl) and a death metal peddal for that, my other amps a spider so, the distortion on that doesn't need a peddL
Before filling your rig up with 100 effects and pedals with a crappy amp, you should first get a decent amp that will sound good without the pedals. You should get something that is very versatile, because chances are, later when you start to progress you're gonna want to play something that's not metal(blues, classic rock, ect.). I reccomend a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube 30, when you get a decent amp with good distortion, you might realize you might not even need a distortion pedal, but if for some reason you do need an extra amouont of distortion you should get a Boss Metal Zone.

Vox Valvetonix AD15VT
Roland Cube 30
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?