I was thinking of buying an LTD 400 series and putting in some EMG's in it to give it a better sound. Problem is i dunno which EMG i should go for and where i should place them like 81 in neck or bridge. I like the sounds of the 81 and 85 would they be a good combo together?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
yeah, very good combo, that's what I have in my LP.
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Which position should i put the 81 the neck or the bridge ? cause i aint an expert so i dunno
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
81 in the bridge, 85 in the neck or a 60 if you want good cleans.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Quote by bradbradbrad
81 in the bridge, 85 in the neck or a 60 if you want good cleans.

Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

To solve your little dilemma, except if your buying the H-400, all of the 400 series LTD's already have EMG's in them anyways..
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
EMG standard killer combo and most common ones:
- EMG 81s (neck and bridge)
- EMG 81 (bridge) and EMG 60 (neck)
- EMG 81 (bridge) and EMG 85 (neck)
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
buy a 400 series LTD.. most have EMGs anyway.

I've got the EX 400 and that came with an 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck.

If you get a 50, and put EMGs in it, you won't be saving that much money. Plus the 400s come with a mahogany body, grover tuners, etc...
Sorry i meant the 250 and 200 models got a bit mixed up..the 400 series all have emg's or seymour duncans in them. Should i save up more for a 400 series or buy a 200/250 model and attach some emg's to it?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Save up, DO NOT get the ones lower than 400 coz they tend to use cheap crap wood, Agathis.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, don't get anything under 400, unless it's a second hand 300, which you'll need to upgrade the p'ups in.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
yep, i agree. Modding a 200 / 250 / 260 to 400 is pointless. The build quality isn't half as good as on the 400s.

Save up for a 400.. mine was £589 (which isn't that much for the quality)
Funnily enough from where i come from the shops dont get M-400 or MH-400 which have tremolo systems installed on them. So I decided to check for a good ibanez with good wood and neck and install emg 81 in bridge and 85 in neck. Any suggestions for which ibanez i should look for ? P.S must have a tremelo installed.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
RG1570 or any S-Series Ibanez. H-H Prestige models are quite expensive and some also have neck thru such as the RG320Q, RG220H, and RG220A. You can also try finding a 2nd hand Ibanez which has either Edge, Edge Pro, or Lo-Pro Edge installed on them.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
RGT42DX.. - tremolo + basswood body (but would still sound pretty similar)

SAS36FM - mahogany body (like the LTD) + tremolo

I'd go for the SAS36FM.. around £320.. then the EMGs will set you back another £120 or so.

....wow £440...amazing... f*** it i'll do that myself!!!!!!
^ Both trem arent that good. The RGT42DX have an Edge Pro-II and the SA series have SAT Pro. Edge Pro-II are made out of almost the same as Edge III's metal, which is soft and easy to lose tuning. Sure it will hold for a few couple of months but later, the knife edges will wore out and you will lose tuning drastically. Not really recommendable as a lot have complained about it.

The SAT Pro bridge isnt a floyd rose bridge. Its a floating-vinta-style trem, and doesnt have any double locking mechanism such as a locking nut to lock the strings in place. Loss of tuning is much more prone in this bridge.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic