Not realy sure if this goes here.But i have a jackson dxmg dinky and for some reason every time i pick it up i have to re tune the 3 and 4th string.How do i fix it?
its a global massacre
The licenced floyd rose on those shouldnt have any problems i think. Its pretty reliable.

- So, you say every time you pick it up? ;
- or every time you play it?
- Are you sure your bridge is properly aligned and flush straight with the body?
- Are your strings old?
- Do you retune using the fine tuners after you lock ur nut?
- How is the springs at the cavity are setup (the position)?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 9, 2006,
Wot happend with my floyd rose once was the locks on the top of the neck have bored thru and wudnt tighten enough to lock the strings if this happens i resolved it by taking the looks off the stuffing cardboard under the back of the floyd rose to stop it being able to move. over than that maybe ur machine heads need tightened.
Westfield strat (set on fire and thrown out a third story window taped up and still works)
A vintage metal axxe wraith
Trace elliot boxer 30 bass amp
marshall JH-1guitar pedal

Quote by nonickname
Does pantera still play? i heard they were looking for a guitarist
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yep first thing you should check is if your bridge is parallel to the body
I've read that it's important to get the bridge parallel (or close to) the body, but why is that necessary ?? I can't see how it affects tuning.

That said, I f*cked with the trem angle on my Ibanez, with an FR tremolo, so that I could get more space between the claw and the wood and now, for the life of me, can't get the thing in tune.
Quote by hall
I've read that it's important to get the bridge parallel (or close to) the body, but why is that necessary ?? I can't see how it affects tuning.

That said, I f*cked with the trem angle on my Ibanez, with an FR tremolo, so that I could get more space between the claw and the wood and now, for the life of me, can't get the thing in tune.

It is really important to let ur bridge level according to the body. There are many things that you can screw up if you bridge aint properly aligned. For example, your action may be raised or lowered if your bridge is in up-pull or down-pull position. Both of these will affect your intonation abit, if not alot. And if your intonation is messed up, pretty much almost every note you fret will tend to go off.

This is what happen if your bridge is too sunken inside. If you see the picture below, labeled (E), the string locker and if your bridge is in the "up-pull" position, the (E) part will hit the body and thats not good.

It will be bent upward, ruining the bendable metal clip underneath it and mess up ur tuning. Even if it stays tuning, after you bend a note or mess with the trem, it will move abit causing more loss of tuning.

Theoretically (this can happen if your bridge cant handle the pressure), if your bridge arent properly aligned and you continue to play and dive using the trem, you are risking worning out your knife edges. Take a look at the picture below (courtesy of jemsite.com),

you can see that at the left, the studs that are embeded in the body, the trem grip is in "<" shape, and the knife edges are paralled to it, also in "<" shape. Just imagine if your bridge arent properly aligned, the spring and the string tension will eventually force the knife edges to its wrong-position, thus risking it of worning out.

If you have the problems with claw being too close to the body, get urself another spring to add more tension to it. Make sure the bridge is parallel to the body. I cannot strict this more.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 11, 2006,