Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew the actual name of the thin copper wire inside pickups or where i could get it from as i had the wire split inside a pickup so i've stripped it all off and now i want to start again and re-wind it but i don't know what the wire is or where to get it.

Cheers guys
42 AWG wire is what you need for most pickups (i think Telecaster neck pickups as well as Rickenbacker pickups use 43 AWG)

As for where to go it: try stewmac.com
i got my wire from ebay search something like 38 AWG copper wire

look for anything from 38-43