I dont know where this belongs so I am posting it here. My band practices in my friends bedroom. He has a drumset in there my 75 watt amp and the bass players amp and some times another guitarist also.......he lives in a small apartment. His room is like a closet we all cram in there.....is it okay on the ears to be playing that close together and that loud I crank my amp and the drummer beats on the drums as loud as possible and I am sitting next to my amp and next to the drums and the wall is bare and sound just bounces everywhere my ears are ringing like a mofo...now I know that is rocking but...how much longer are my ears going to last if I keep this up....what should I do to kill some sound in the drums and in the room.
Get some good quality earplugs, or maybe just lower it down a bit.

You dont want to be doing damage to your ears now.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
apparently around 60% of rockstars or rock guitarists go deff or get hearing impaired by the time they are 45.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
I was thinking about throwing sheets or pillows in all of his drums and then drapping a big ol bed sheet over his kit...thats what I did last time and it took it down a lil bit I think I will do that again but what do you suggest to do about the accoustics? I dont want to buy anything I want something conventional I can do to kill some of the sound from bouncing all over.
Quote by metal_fretter
apparently around 60% of rockstars or rock guitarists go deff or get hearing impaired by the time they are 45.

Anyone working in live sound does, unless you get some proper earplugs.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Just get earplugs....much simpler, and you all get to keep your hearing. Trust me.....without your hearing, msuic can't ever be a part of your life.

Are you retarded? Beethoven was deaf and music was his life. Maybe you should think before you go and say something stupid like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez4life SZ!
Just get earplugs....much simpler, and you all get to keep your hearing. Trust me.....without your hearing, msuic can't ever be a part of your life.

Are you retarded? Beethoven was deaf and music was his life. Maybe you should think before you go and say something stupid like that.

Umm....how Beethoven's are u likely to meet in a lifetime?
Let me explain to you one thing before you go around throwing stupid things like what you just said, slayerking....

Beethoven was a MUSICAL GENIUS! There have been very little like him, and I highly, HIGHLY doubt there is another like him on this forum.......

Without sound, for the average player, you can not enjoy it.....you hear not tone, no sound at all.

Protect your hearing......you're not going to get it back if you lose it.
Beethoven became deaf - before which he had a very sound knowledge of intervals and could basically create anything he wanted to and achieve that sound without actually having to play an instrument.

Get MUSICIAN'S EARPLUGS - other types don't allow you to hear as much ( in terms of quality ) and you can also get different levels of volume reduction - I use -20Db for my bagpipes and when I'm playing guitar with a drumkit or other people quite loud - works fine.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Good luck doing that with a loud drummer.

If your drummer can only play loud, you need a new drummer .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by metal_fretter

about 88% of statisitics are bullshit
^So that might be too....

So with earplugs, you can still hear fine, and hear the sound quality fine, but just doesn't damage your ears, any major loss of sound when you've got them in?
'Coz I get rather loud ringing after jams.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
just get earplugs!!!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by R_H_C_P

So with earplugs, you can still hear fine, and hear the sound quality fine, but just doesn't damage your ears, any major loss of sound when you've got them in?

My drummer has really bad ears from being in a band and playing drums.. he got custom made ear protection... 80 euro an ear.. and i got them aswell.. they really help... especiall ywhen your on stage... i find it gives you more of what the audience hears at lower volumes... its weird... but i think everything sounds better with ear protection...
I'll get some earplugs sometime soon then, cranking my Fender and standing near it don't go too well together for my ears.
Don't be afraid to care"

Lol i no exactly what you mean... Only i dont have a fender amp :-(... so i dont really no what you mean... but i have played Fenders in rehearsal studios before.... but i had my ear protection then... so eh... yeah ear protection = good! try to get the ones that mould to your easrs.. as in they pout this thing in your ear and mould the ear plug to your ear!
Hmm, do they cost a lot?
I'm probably gonna' buy some cheap-ish ones that'll just do the job.
Don't be afraid to care"

Well they cost me 80 euro per ear! but they're well worth it! i havent used any other ear protection than them... and they sound good to me.. i have heard people not being able to hear themselves sing with some ear protection though....
my mum is an audiologist, anything over 130 Db is instant damage. people believe that they are gig hardened but thier ears are going to pack in anyminute
Quote by Stephen!
Well they cost me 80 euro per ear!

What the hell!
I'm definately not gonna' do that, I'd rather just shove some blue tac in my ears than pay that much!

How much do decent normal earplugs go for?
Don't be afraid to care"

eh... well my bro has planet waves ones that he got for like 5 euro or 10 euro... but he only uses the one... so he can hear himself sing...
my mum is an audiologist, anything over 130 Db is instant damage. people believe that they are gig hardened but thier ears are going to pack in anyminute
^Interesting to know.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P

it was intentially bullshit
Quote by godofshred
it was intentially bullshit

I thought it would be, haha
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
What the hell!
I'm definately not gonna' do that, I'd rather just shove some blue tac in my ears than pay that much!

How much do decent normal earplugs go for?

alpine do sone for £20 the pair, awsome plugs
Quote by yonder92

Yeah we heard you the first time ...
ear plugs
http://www.sensorcom.com/earplugs.asp
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone