Hey guys, just looking for some help with regards to a new amp. I would like an all tube (50 watt+) combo amplifier, could you recommend me one that is priced under £600? I'm thinking along the lines of a Peavey Classic 50, or a Laney 50 watter, but I dont have too much experience with either. I would greatly appreciate your help. Peace,

Ben.
its around 650 675 us $$
i would go with the peavey out of those two but you could get a vox 100w valvetronix for about that and you wont ever have to get it biased and it still sounds very tube like but has a stability that is very useful.
Americans would be ill advised to help based on US prices, however, look up UK prices first as they vary greatly...

Could you save up a li'l bit and maybe get an ENGL Screamer combo...they just own everything (mine gets delivered tomorrow ) They'd normally set you back about £800, but there's one on ebay atm for £450...
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
i have a fender Deluxe 40 watt amp im lookin to seel. sounds and looks brand new. ive never gigged with it and its never been really otu side of the house. ive only had it for a few years. i got some pics of it on my myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/mullet0023
go with the peavey classic 50. Awesome awesome awesome with cheese
Let's slow this all down, we don't even know what kind of music he wants to play .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
^ that's true, very very true, but we're too eager to help to consider that...however, whatever type of music he plays my suggestion would (almost) always be the same, so there

deg0ey
You sure man.... Cause that a lot of money to buy a 50 watt combo.... But it depends on what you play. Any Mesa combo would be good for modern tones. Vox AC30 is good for vintage tones, I hear it's rather versatile as well. Fender Hot Rod DeVille or '65 Deluxe Reverb for blues. B-52 AT-100 2x12 is good for metal, some will disagree, but from what I heard that thing can get loads of gain. Traynor Custom Valve 80 very versatile. I played the Peavey Classic 30 which is pretty much the same thing, but I found it to be more a clean amp. I mean you can get distortion but nothing to crazy.... It is a nice amp that's more directed towards a clean sound. I also played a Metal Master pedal though it and that gives you all the gain you need if you are a metal palyer. Laney amps I'm not to familiar with, but I hear those are worth taking a look at to. I hope this helps and throws some more ideas at you.
Marshall tsl 601 or 602 if you're willing to go secondhand. Truly awesome amps.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Laney. Good all round and and has the most amazing rock tone.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
atticus, like i said, americans should price check UK sites...Mesas start at £800 for an F30 Deluxe Reverbs run to £700 and traynors are virtually unheard of...

I still think you should save for the ENGL, admittedly more money but it's a great amp

deg0ey
what music? can you stretch the price slightly?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by deg0ey
atticus, like i said, americans should price check UK sites...Mesas start at £800 for an F30 Deluxe Reverbs run to £700 and traynors are virtually unheard of...

I still think you should save for the ENGL, admittedly more money but it's a great amp

Sorry dude, I forgot to do that... But atleast I gave you some names of amps that might be obtainable for yourself.
lol true, wasn't a complaint - merely a suggestion...just how prices are different here and all that...i still think they'd be good amps to save for

deg0ey