I want to get a new guitar for hard rock and heavy metal, one with a tremelo bar also and 24 frets. So i figured something from the Ibanez RG series. My standard telly isn't cutting it for the music i want to play so i need something else. But there's so many in the RG series i have no idea what to get. im willing to spend up to 800 dollars more or less. Can anyone suggest one? Or another good guitar with 24 frets and a whammy bar good for metal and hard rock it doesnt have to be ibanez.
the RG1570 and if you have anything left over get some new pickups.

Its the start of Ibanez's Prestige line, really great neck, great trem.
^ +1 on danno and everyone else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What can I say...

Well you can guess which guitar I have (Look at sig)

I highly recomend it.
Quote by Spynal

Man, if only we could have a thread dedicated to recommendations, that would be sweet. Maybe, we could call it ... The Hugfest .... no, that's no good? Metal-O-Rama? Nah.... oh wait.

I've got it...
The Official Metal Recommendation Thread
Another vote for the 1570, although I think the 2570 with the brownish mirror finished sharkfin inlays is just gorious, and looks alone to me is worth the extra $100, so if money isn't an object look at that one as well, it'll probably run you about $850 or so, though it does have a bit better pickups as well, but you'll probably feel the need to change them later as their not real dimarzios.
I've gotta agree with the above and say get the RG1570. It's a great guitar and one of the best Ibanez has to offer.
+ infinity on the rg1570 best guitar Ibanez can offer plays like a dream
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Make that another for the RG1570. I think you've found your new guitar, bro.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

is this real???

1570 pwns that much????

Gonna order one today!!!!

member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Member #18 of the team. Pm Gabel to join!
^well, i think they're probably going a bit overboard (to listen to some people you'd think they were the best guitars ever), but it is pretty sweet, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want a BIG tone Ibanez is nothing, if you want to play REALLY fast Ibanez is a little better than any other brand, but not worth it, if you ask me. Gibson (not studio) is, in my opinion, much better.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
If you want a BIG tone Ibanez is nothing, if you want to play REALLY fast Ibanez is a little better than any other brand, but not worth it, if you ask me. Gibson (not studio) is, in my opinion, much better.

I disagree.

Severely.

It's not worth it, yet you'd rather pay triple that amount for a guitar the same build quality?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
^hm.

I kind of know what he's getting at. An ibanez won't sound anything like a les paul, lol. But then that's not necessarily a bad thing- more a preference thing. So i agree with you both,

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
honestly, if you have that kinda money, you'd be able to buy an Ibanez JEM555.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
^why would you want to? the 1570 pwns the jem 555.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^hm.

I kind of know what he's getting at. An ibanez won't sound anything like a les paul, lol. But then that's not necessarily a bad thing- more a preference thing. So i agree with you both,

I know, but he said if you're looking for "big" tone, you won't be at home with Ibanez.

Which is bull****.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
^Well, it can't be argued that Ibanez has stronger mids than Gibson, which he may have meant...
Quote by Resiliance
I know, but he said if you're looking for "big" tone, you won't be at home with Ibanez.

Which is bull****.

agreed.

danno: basswood is pretty warm/middy...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yeah- mahogany is kind of darker/bassier.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't think mahogany is a lot more on the middy side as it is in the bass side...

But I hate mahogany... So...

Click.
^ i like everything (within reason)!

or more likely, when i check my bank balance...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I also recommend the RG1570, it's just so damn comfy! The neck is awesome and fast as hell, and the trem is the best money can buy (or at least equal to the OFR). The pickups suck ass, but you can always mod it, like me when I can save up :P
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by Dave_Mc
^hm.

Im with Dave on this one although if you have a good amp the Ibanez will probabaly sound pretty nice.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I also recommend the RG1570, it's just so damn comfy! The neck is awesome and fast as hell, and the trem is the best money can buy (or at least equal to the OFR). The pickups suck ass, but you can always mod it, like me when I can save up :P

But would the pickups still be alot better than my standard telly's stock pickups?
^yeah. The V7 and S ibanez dont get enough credit. Sure its not uber awsome but its a decent set. At least it isnt a Dimebucker *shudder*
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
bought the Rg42DXFM, the high end RG before the Prestige series.
totallu satisfied about it, go for it if you want neck-thru without busting the bank
{-=***-|° Peace sells... But who's buying ? °|-***=-}
Now that we are on the subject of rg's

Can anyone recommend me a Good bridge pick up for my rg620?

I play deathmetal/normal metal/black metal/clean stuff/rock stuff/and some solo stuff but i still suck ass

And my budget is a max. of 120?.
^ I'd probably either increase that pricerange slightly so that you can afford a bareknuckle (probably a nailbomb, but check on the BK forum), or else just go with a swineshead xbucker (more metal) or warthog (more all-round), and then you could maybe afford a neck pickup too...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?