i'm currently about to start to build my own bass, since i cant find what i'm looking for in a bass in any one on the market, so i said screw this, i'm gunna build one. i have my parts picked out, and just need to order them, but i need to know what kind of wood to use, i was thinking mahogony, but then i dont know what type of wood to select for the neck, the neck will be a warmoth neck.

as for the idea of the bass, it'll be a randy rhoads V bass. i'll make a build thread once i have all my parts ready and get my project off the ground.

could someone help me with what kind of wood to choose for the body, and neck. i mainly play metal, if that helps.
hell is only a word. reality is much, much worse...
can some one just tell me if a maple with with rosewood finger board would go good with a mahogony body?
I'd go for a maply neck and a purpleheart fretboard because a purple fretboard would be so badass. Then go for a reddish or light coloured wood like ash or alder for the body.
its all going to be painted black, since i've had enough with coloured guitars and basses, i just want something simple and black. but it will have a red pentagram on the back. and i was also thinking of basswood for the body.

and as for tools for this build, i have EVERYTHING, i could ever need. i have a full workshop, and garage, and professional painting equipment at my disposel.
Quote by PatriotVirus
its all going to be painted black, since i've had enough with coloured guitars and basses, i just want something simple and black. but it will have a red pentagram on the back. and i was also thinking of basswood for the body.

and as for tools for this build, i have EVERYTHING, i could ever need. i have a full workshop, and garage, and professional painting equipment at my disposel.

lucky...
i'd go with a maple neck, maple fingerboard.
Quote by mandolinshred
lucky...
i'd go with a maple neck, maple fingerboard.

on a all black RR bass, nawh. but thanks. i've been doing my reserach, and i figure the money i'll spend on this by the time its done will atleast be 600$

and yea, i'm luckey when it comes to the tools i have to use, my father has a full work shop, and garage. when i start my actual build thread, you'll get to see it all.
Ugh, no basswood, spare yourself.

A maple neck and rosewood fretbaord should be fine.
Quote by kaplac
Ugh, no basswood, spare yourself.

A maple neck and rosewood fretbaord should be fine.

alright the basswood was just throwing out an idea, but i'm more coserned to the maple neck and the choice of wood for the body.

i've got some parts picked out the pick-ups will be select emg's humbuckers, a schaller roller bridge, and gotoh compact bass tuners.

i'll be ordering from stewmac, and warmoth.