If u have a Line 6 PODXT or PODXT Live could u just plug that in to a speaker cabnit? Or is it necessary to have an amp head?
You need a power amp.
Heads have power amps built in, but you'd be wasting money on the preamp.
© LinkinParkFreak
Quote by LinkinParkFreak
You need a power amp.
Heads have power amps built in, but you'd be wasting money on the preamp.

whats the difference between a power amp and a head
A head is
preamp -> poweramp
The preamp takes your guitar signal and lets you change the tone (Bass, mid, treble)
The poweramp amplifies it for the speakers.

The Pod XT is a preamp, so your setup would go,
Pod XT -> poweramp
© LinkinParkFreak
I heard the best thing to run a Pod into was a keyboard amp. This is because keyboard amps dont "colour" your tone at all. All guitar amps will add their own signature sound to your Pod models that you run through, which is going to obviously change them a bit. If you run them through a keyboard amp it doesnt change the sound at all, so you get 100% the tone that the designers of the pod had in mind when they made all the patches.
Playing guitar is an addiction, only without the liver damage and rehab clinics.
Quote by Danno13
Google "atomic amps"

I second that
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Google, "Get a tube amp and some good stomp boxes"

The other guitar player in my band uses a Vox Tonelab SE through a Roland keyboard amp.

The sound coming out of that is not that great, very trebely. I keep telling him to get a damn decent amp.
Last edited by demea at May 9, 2006,
Quote by .50 Caliber Bob
I heard the best thing to run a Pod into was a keyboard amp. This is because keyboard amps dont "colour" your tone at all. All guitar amps will add their own signature sound to your Pod models that you run through, which is going to obviously change them a bit. If you run them through a keyboard amp it doesnt change the sound at all, so you get 100% the tone that the designers of the pod had in mind when they made all the patches.

same thing with all PA equipment - it doesn't make an ass difference
-Mike