Choosing an amp is so difficult...

These are the amps I've been looking at lately. If you have these amps, what settings do you find give you the best sound for classic rock? How about the blues?

As far as the Vox go, what are people's opinions on the '11 different amp sounds'
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/valvetronix/ad15vtad30vt.htm

Up until recently I was thinking about getting the Fender 40W Hot Rod Deluxe, but I really only liked the sound when I turned it way way up and I don't think I'll be doing that often enough to make it worth it so I'm looking at some of the different smaller tube amps. Anyway, If you could answer some of these questions or just profide some feedback that would be great.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
- John Lennon
The Vox will be versitile, and does sound good, but it won't really compare to a Mesa on sound quality.
I've not played the F-30, but I'm sure it'll sound a lot more natural and better than the Vox.
Try them out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I like my Vox, but if I had to throw it off a bridge in order to get a Mesa, it will be sleeping with the fishes
I got the Vox AD30VT. I've never played a Mesa, but I reckon R_H_C_P's right; it probably will sound more natural..

The amp sounds are great. This amp is amazing, seriously. The Vox I mean. It's really really nice. I love it. I'd run with that. I thought the Mesa was hugely more expensive than the Vox anyway? Like, to an insane degree? I can't remember.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by NemesisX
I got the Vox AD30VT. I've never played a Mesa, but I reckon R_H_C_P's right; it probably will sound more natural..

The amp sounds are great. This amp is amazing, seriously. The Vox I mean. It's really really nice. I love it. I'd run with that. I thought the Mesa was hugely more expensive than the Vox anyway? Like, to an insane degree? I can't remember.

I think the Mesa runs about a $1000 or so while the Vox is at least a few hundred cheaper. Probably around $700. I know Mesa price fixes, those ridiculous S.O.B.'s, so its hard for me to tell if its really worth so much more but whatever.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
- John Lennon
^Play one and find out.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by Habukkuk
I think the Mesa runs about a $1000 or so while the Vox is at least a few hundred cheaper. Probably around $700. I know Mesa price fixes, those ridiculous S.O.B.'s, so its hard for me to tell if its really worth so much more but whatever.

Vox AD30VT is $239 US dollars at Musician's Friend. Any Mesa product, well, if you have to ask ........
^You'll never know.
Don't be afraid to care"

^Haha

They're in completely different leagues anyway.
One's a value for money modelling hybrid amp, and the other one's a high end valve amp.
Don't be afraid to care"

like I said, I own the Vox, for the $$$ it's fan - friggin - tastic. I only wish it had more pre-sets, so I didn't have to change the knobs all the time.

If you have the budget for five Voxes, get the Mesa. Or maybe the AC30 with the Celestion blue speaker, which is also sweeeeet!