I've played a mesa dual rectifier and I LOVE the distortion(really all that I'm concerned about because I rarely use clean sounds.) and I cant find any store that has a krank in stock to try out. I know many pro players recent switched up their amps to play these, so I wanted to know if they are better than mesas. I like most of the players who use them as well. They cost the same amount so I figured why not pick the better one? Can anyone please help even if you've only tried them out.
Mesa = pwn.

Krank = craptacular. They have ZERO treble, ZERO clarity, and they sound like there's a fat kid standing in front of the speakers.
ive used both

krank is ok im not a big fan i think there dirtys are sub par at best

Mesa is the way to go
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Mesa Pwns End Discussion

a mod can close this now lol
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Danno13
Mesa = pwn.

Krank = craptacular. They have ZERO treble, ZERO clarity, and they sound like there's a fat kid standing in front of the speakers.

I'd expect the Krankenstein to have craploads of treble, being Dime's sig.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i thought dime used solid state....
or maby that was back in the day
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
^ Agreed i love the Warhead to bad its outta production thats the only solid state amp i would ever play with
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by timi_hendrix
I'd expect the Krankenstein to have craploads of treble, being Dime's sig.

well....it dosent, i suppose his dimebucker took care of that issue.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
I prefer the tone of the Mesa by quite a bit. Unless you're after a black metal or grindcore kind of tone, then you'll deffinately want to go for the Mesa. Krank amps don't have any versatility.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
I remember some video where Dime was "testing" the krankenstein, he'd do an amazing shred... then hed turn the amp on, do a power chord, turn the amp off and shred some more. I think he knew it sucked.
MESA

that amp is a beast
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I remember some video where Dime was "testing" the krankenstein, he'd do an amazing shred... then hed turn the amp on, do a power chord, turn the amp off and shred some more. I think he knew it sucked.

please direct me to this video
I'll try to find it (it was on a guitar world cd-rom)

It's in flash format so i recorded it with my webcam. The quality sucks, but you can make it out.

Uploading as we speak...

EDIT: There you go.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at May 9, 2006,
Quote by Danno13
Mesa = pwn.

Weird, the Krank REV Combo my friend has too much treble...
i think the guys you see with kranks arent just running straight into them, u know!?

You see em with shiitloads of rackmounts behind them, equalizers etc

Mesa can be used at home without shelling out for other stuff, im a marshall man meself, i like how the midrange crunch carries!
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I'll try to find it (it was on a guitar world cd-rom)

It's in flash format so i recorded it with my webcam. The quality sucks, but you can make it out.

Uploading as we speak...

EDIT: There you go.

thanks bro
oh well i saw god forbid do a lesson in guitar world and you could see they were both plugged straight into the amp, and they were getting their usual tone.
Quote by Danno13
Mesa = pwn.

*looks around*

*steps away from the speaker*

*shifty eyes*

anyways...yeah...umm...is there any kind of contest? lol

Mesa >>> Krank
mesa destroys krank. i mean that literally as we speak mesa execs are runnign to krank head quarters and slaughtering them for saying krank has the best metal amp
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel