Page 1 of 4
okay so i know there's a simillar thread in the guitar section but there's some really funny stuff so i think there should be one here too.
some that happened to me:
friend: "dude, the guy who plays bass for green day total owns slapping" (no sarcasm here belive it or not)
girl from my class: "what's a bass guitar?"

there's more but i dont remember...
A friend of mine once asked me why I had a four string guitar. I havent let him live that one down yet...
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
When talking about Metallica's bass lines my 8th grade math teacher said "Bass is so easy, it's just, dum-dum-dum-dum"

I almost bitch-slapped her.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
"Basses aren't that heavy"

says the man with an acoustic guitar.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
A classmate asked me why my guitar was missing two strings before... and then when I sarcastically said,"I don't need them" and immitated a D chord on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings, she said, I think your doing it wrong...
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire Stratocaster
Yamaha RBX 170(Custom Paint)
Yamaha MagicStomp
Dunlop MXR Distortion +
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Peavey Basic 112
well, i've heard some guy complain about breaking a Low E(guitar), while my brother had recently broken a Low B(bass).

also, a girl in my class spelled bass wrong.

also, once I brought a 5string to school and this guy says"don't you play that lke a guitar"with chords, i assumed.
Last edited by 4string-tsurigi at May 9, 2006,
"man bass is so easy, i learned like everything in a week" from some guy who was a back up drummer in a band with an already hella good commited drummer that never touched a bass before two weeks before saying that
"The bassline is so sick. That guy is an awesome bassist"

^
This kid was talking about Fallout boy- dance, dance when it came on at my job...
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
"dude metallica is black peoople rock"

said to me by the school bigot

*sigh* so many idiots so little time

MASSIVE EDIT : ahem... it just occured to me that the word BASS is in the title....yea...

so on that it would be

"hah, bass is for guitarists who cant shred"

or

"why does his guitar have four strings?"
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Last edited by Synyster Gates at May 9, 2006,
"Dude, why does your bow have 4 strings? Woah, Is it, like, rapid fire?"

^He was later found hanging from a tree on a B string...
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
My mum said my bass sounded better than usual. I was playing my mates epi SG through heavy distortion.
Well mate, i got one that will top that (not really) I was taking off my neck for fun and when i got to one screw it like swung down so the body and neck formed an angle, and one of my musically challenged friends came up and said "Dude that's a bass because the necks bent right?" A sad day for bassist everywhere.
^at least he didnt call it a friggin' crossbow.

we live in a very sad society.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
"bass isin't even really supposed to be heard."- a freind, after I commented on how i liked how the bass on a recording was more out in front than normal.

"having effects for bass is pointless." -drummer i know.
I've never really had the opportunity to hear dumb comments on electric bass, primairly because where I live actually know about music and ****, and know what the bass is like (even if they listen to hip-hop mostly :P). Seriously I must be in the minority or something when regarding this stuff.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
How many people have you heard pronounce it bass like the fish?

I swear I'm going to kidney punch the next person who says it wrong.
Quote by FaceTheBass
How many people have you heard pronounce it bass like the fish?

I swear I'm going to kidney punch the next person who says it wrong.

My friend - "So dont you like the color of mark hoppus' bass(as in the fish) guitar."
not really something said, but my friend was just learning bass and he was like whats up with my bass i tuned it like 3 seconds ago with the electric tuner you gave me and its all ready out of tune!! So i was like give it here. and i hit the g string and the tuner says e, then im like oh thats weird so i tune the string and hit the d string. the tuner says a, turns out he tuned the strings backwards
Dude my gf said I look good when I play w/ my long guitar hehehe right long guitar
my guitarist replied to me "you taught a guitarist scales?!" after i told him i taught a guitarist scales. but that doestn relaly hav anything to do with the actual bass.

well one time i asked one of my friends if he knew what a bass was, he said its what makes teh thud in his stereo rig.
My Dad: "Bassist's don't need as much skill as a guitarist. They don't get anywhere near as much publicity either." (Summarised down from drunken rant).

Bitch slapped him for the first part but can't really argue with him for the second part.
something along the lines of "accoustic guitars toughen up your fingers much more than basses. Theyre a lot harder to play." No sarcasm.

I also had a friend asking me to be the guitarist in a band she was forming and im like "I dont know anything about guitar" and she was like "YOU HAVE AN IBANEZ GUITAR!" and i spent like 10 minutes explaining its not the same thing and she still didnt get it.

Well mate, i got one that will top that (not really) I was taking off my neck for fun and when i got to one screw it like swung down so the body and neck formed an angle, and one of my musically challenged friends came up and said "Dude that's a bass because the necks bent right?" A sad day for bassist everywhere.

thats jsut hilarious. lmao
Last edited by spunky_chooken at May 10, 2006,
I know someone that bought a Dave Eden head and an Ashton quadbox. he recently told my younger brother that his quadbox is just as good as the top brands (he specifically said Marshall).

Also, i was in a music store and a group of wannabe's (slightly emo, trying to be punk) picked up a Warwick Vampyre rockbass signed by Paul Grey (Slipknot bassist) and started wanking on about how it was one of the most comfortable basses he's ever seen or played while i was sitting three metres away playing a Warwick Streamer Jazzman. They then realised that they didn't know who the slipknot bassist was (his name was signed, not printed), to which one of them replied "I think it's Joey Jordison, yeah that's it."

......... some people seem to think that Slipknot is comprised of 9 Joey clones.
well, it's not exactly being super stupid like saying "why is that guitar missing two strings" but my friend took my bass, looked at the machine heads and said "man, i can make your knobs look so much prettier"...he made them all symmetrical and then started strumming it
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.
someone told me that a 6 string bass was stupid and pointless. They said basses should only have 4 strings.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
An Ex-boyfriend once said "for ****s sake, whats so damn special about bass anyway"?. As i said. he's an Ex. The wanker. I nearly wrapped my Stinger round his head!!

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
Quote by bassbitch
An Ex-boyfriend once said "for ****s sake, whats so damn special about bass anyway"?. As i said. he's an Ex. The wanker. I nearly wrapped my Stinger round his head!!

BB
x

.................. :stickpoke
Quote by Metal-X
No.. you see when one person stays on UG for to long, then they tend to lose there minds to the Pit monkeys. And well..... just watch for yourself

^Dear boy, if you must use emoticons to articulate your feelings, at least put some ****ing subtitles below so those educated amongst us can understand

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
nerds...don't get laid... i beg to differ.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
"I know why you don't have a girlfriend! You play bass! Learn guitar!"

I wanted to kill that guy, but it was funny, because I'm decent at guitar.

Idiot- "Play Seinfeld."
Me- "I'll play it for you, but it's not going to sound perfect, since it was played on a keyboard."
Idiot- "Wait, aren't a bass and a keyboard the same thing?"
Quote by SocKo?

well one time i asked one of my friends if he knew what a bass was, he said its what makes teh thud in his stereo rig.

well in a sense thats kinda true.
i need to get a better signature.
Page 1 of 4