boss metal zone versus the digitech metal master, im getting one of theese used and i was wondering which is better for metal in general?

dont worry about price but what the pedal sounds like
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Crate FXT120 (i think it kicks ass personally)
Core X2 Cables
DR String (heavy)
Clayton bass picks
DOD Death Metal Distortion

Official Member Of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
ive had an mt-2 for almost 4 years and it is an amazing pedal. The sheer adjustability of the thing is reason enough to buy it.

I don't know anything about the digitech one. But I'll tell you that I haven't liked any of the digitech pedals I've tried.
digitech suck, my freind owned a digitech death metal, and i owned a BP80, they both sucked.

and there is a reason why i say we owned.
hell is only a word. reality is much, much worse...
The Metal Zone is a far better pedal. You have way more control over the tone, and it just sounds better. The Metal Master sounds really fake, and has no mids at all.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Metal Zone is nice at bedroom levels but sounds thin and tinney at high volumes. But if u just play at lower volume pedals it is an awesome pedal. Very versitile and u can easiley go from like a rock to a super heavy metal tone in a few seconds
Rig:
Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Red
Fender Highway One Strat w/ 2 Seymour Duncan Hot Rails & Dimarzio X2N

Boss SD-1
Boss TU-2
Traynor YCV50 Blue
i liked my mt-2 ok but it got better after i sent it to keeley so if you wanna shell out an extra 80 with the boss then its a really good pedal
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
yeha i have the digi and its ok, but id rather have had the boss.( i got the digi for free from a buddy)
whats a good, somewhat heavy pedal that'll sound good when turned up louder than "bedroom" level (playing a gig for example)
maybe line 6 uber metal or digitech df-7 but i havn't tried either of them
Rig:
Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Red
Fender Highway One Strat w/ 2 Seymour Duncan Hot Rails & Dimarzio X2N

Boss SD-1
Boss TU-2
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Go with the Boss. Digitech products are generally suckage, minus the Whammy.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
The boss kicks ass. I have one and I run it through a DOD eq. It sounds awesome. Next will be the Keeley mod for sure.
for gods sake! dont buy any digitech products!! the whammy is only worth buying from digitech
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
^ well yeah....

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

ive owned with the metal master. ubermetal (line 6) and dime distortion (dunlop). the ubermetal doesnt sound a whole lot diffrent then the metal master but its not as messy at loud volumes. the dime pedal kicks major butt. thats what im currently using. it doesnt really sound like dime but its good. you dont get as mcuh gain with the dime but it seems you get more the louder it goes. this might be because its an 18v pedal compared to a 9v

edit: metal master sucked big time at loud volumes. there is so much fuzz u can barley make out what your playing. and changing the settings didnt fix it
Last edited by mesametal at May 11, 2006,
other dude in the band im in plays a digitech x-series metal master and it's insane, but I really hate a lot of the morphed sims on there except for the one he plays on. I play the Rocktron Metal Planet( I pick it over the Boss and Digitech). I loved the boss one at first. I thought the digitech one was equally as good except for it's limitation on eq(it has a mid-frequency as does the rocktron). If you dont really care for the eq on the pedal you'll be fine with either. In my opinion the Rocktron is the best. It's almost like a mix of the two- The digitech's low end with the clarity and eq of the boss.-
You be the judge considering your style.
Dime Distortion. played with it yesterday for a long time. I like the scoop button on it. Great sounding pedal. if you have anywhere between 99.99$ and 199.99$.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
if price isnt an option then these are low-end compared to whats out there...

I think he means, don't use the fact that the Metal Master is cheaper in your argument, cause he wants the better quality pedal of the 2.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
black 13 by digitech

i like it