a normal C chord, but played at the 9th fret. I wrote a song based on that chord. I like it, but have no idea what it is. I reall wish i knew.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
that would be like a F# maj add G (assuming you leave the g string open) other wise a
e--6
B--7
G--6
D--8
A--9
E--X

would just be a F# major
Oops, i made a mistake. It's played at the tenth fret, not 9th. Silly me and not being able to visualize without playing it!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i like personally chords that sound off but still sound melodic like add7's , b5's and things like that or to illustrate

e---------3-----
B---------1-----
G-9------2-------
D-8------2-------
A-7------0-------
E-0-------------
**Eb5**Aminadd7
then ace, it's a simple Gmajor, it's just an octave higher than the one played on the E string

e-7---- B
B-8---- G
G-7---- D
D-9---- B
A-10--- G
E-X----

try it with a

e---3
B---3
G---0
D---0
A---2
E---3

it'll sound kinda surreal and spacey
Quote by Ace88
Oops, i made a mistake. It's played at the tenth fret, not 9th. Silly me and not being able to visualize without playing it!

That would be a G major chord without a fifth.

Here's my movable drop D chord that I rather enjoy:

e---x
B---x
G---9
D---9
A---7
D---7
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
yeah if its

e---0 E
B---8 G
G---0 G
D---9 B
A---10 G
E---X

depending on how you look at it , it could be either a Gmajor w/ a 6th substituted for the 5th, or an E minor rooted on G..... :P my theorys pretty decent but my chord names and implications isn't quite up to snuff
^ I would probably call it G6 in that voicing.
Quote by z4twenny
i like personally chords that sound off but still sound melodic like add7's , b5's and things like that or to illustrate

e---------3-----
B---------1-----
G-9------2-------
D-8------2-------
A-7------0-------
E-0-------------
**Eb5**Aminadd7

Your chords would be named Edim(no3) and Am7, respectively

-SD
E-15
B-17
G-16
D-14
A-14
E-0
B-0

I just love the droning sound of this one, but it's still piercing the ear with the high G

Edit: Just an Emin/B chord
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by Ace88
That's merely A7, albeit a cool way to play it.
thanks SD, you always know i'm meaning (even when i don't) but now my question is , why would it be diminished if i flatten the 5th and tack on the root an octave higher?...... the only reason i ask is all the tab books i've seen that in show it as an Eb5 :P just wondering if ya know, thanks!
Quote by z4twenny
thanks SD, you always know i'm meaning (even when i don't) but now my question is , why would it be diminished if i flatten the 5th and tack on the root an octave higher?...... the only reason i ask is all the tab books i've seen that in show it as an Eb5 :P just wondering if ya know, thanks!

Well I'm assuming it's because Eb5 written exactly as you said would be interpreted as an Eb power chord. If it was E(b5), I would interpret it as an E with the fifth flattened, but still containing the major third.

SD's chord name leaves pretty much no doubt that your notes are E and the flat fifth, and that the third is ommitted. At least for me. He might have other reasons.
Minor 9ths are always good. Adding 4ths is nicely subtley different. I think as you've been listening to music for more years you start to appreciate what sounds rare and is less often done more than before, as opposed to anything else.
Oh and eh, it's horribly incorrect to say we 'come up with our own chords'...I mean, every conceivable chord possible has already been 'come up with'! But yeah, finding fresh chords is the shit.
ρ