I want to buy a multi-effects pedal, but theres lots of kinds and im not sure how they all stand up to one another. I went on musiciansfriend.com and looked around at the stuff they have listed there, and I'm gonna be making a bunch of trips to music stores soon, but i want some peoples opinions on this stuff, too.

ToneWorks AX10G (on the cheaper side, but is it worth it or not?)
" AX1500G
" AX3000G (from reviews I've read it sounds great but i don't have much $. worth it?)
Boss ME-50
Digitech RP200A or 300a(ive heard to stay away from digitech, but i dunnno..yes or no)
Line 6 PODXT Live
Boss GT-8

The Last 2 are getting up therer in price, for me anyway. just tell me what one i should go for, or suggest something else. And if you can, tell me why whatever one is good or bad.

Thanks for your help
most multi effects are garbage. dont waste your money.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
yeah seriously even if you have the same effects built into a multi, using single boxes are infinitely more versitile.

you have knobs instead of digital 0-100 bs
you have the actual effect circuits, not IC's
you can change the order
you can have some in an fx loop and some not
you can have duplicates of effects you like and put them wherever you want too
you dont have to fiddle with anything. too slow? turn the Speed knob up
you have more fine shoice of what exact effect sound you want

one or two effects that you REALLY like are always better than a buttload of mediocre ones just for the sake of having them.
you guys are all knocking him for wanting a multi-fx processor, but maybe he doesn't want to spend a lot of money or just needs it for bedroom practise.
Quote by Gutch220
you guys are all knocking him for wanting a multi-fx processor, but maybe he doesn't want to spend a lot of money or just needs it for bedroom practise.

yeah, actually thats pretty much it...
and besides, i find it fun to play around with the different effects that i wouldn't end up buying seperately. If i had more money, I'd go ahead and buy them individually like boardsofcanada said, but i don't...so......yeah
Quote by james4
yeah, actually thats pretty much it...
and besides, i find it fun to play around with the different effects that i wouldn't end up buying seperately. If i had more money, I'd go ahead and buy them individually like boardsofcanada said, but i don't...so......yeah

i understand you want to play around with different effects, but if you plan on gigging, multi effects really wont get the job done.for that much money, you could pick out a couple real nice effects, and not have to worry about upgrading again in a couple months.

If you are still sticking with the multi-effects idea, tru them out first. See what you like and what you dont, and make sure you check how difficult it is to switch between effects.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
just dont buy any multi-fx from digitech, your better off with Line6, Korg and Boss
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own