Ugh...Well im in this band that i have been in for a really long time, with a really good friend of mine. Me and him are great together we jam and our songs sound amazing and our recording are great in my opinion. But we have this girl singer. Well i have like 12 good songs that i made fro guitar but we dont ever get everyhting together. First, shes only made like 5 lyrics this whole school year and then she can never jam cuz she has a job and when she can jam her parents only allow her to jam for like an hour because the drummer is going out with her, and ahh i just hate it. We have 2 songs with lyrics, and guitar, one song that she has a bassline for. She is also the bassest.... ah and god....i htink you understand. Well i am just really pissed becasue all i do is practice and stuff make songs and stuff liek that and then this girl is pulling us down. Ive been looking for a new singer but i dont realy know any good singers. I dont know what to do. Like where should i look for singers how might i go about doing that?
How about you write the lyrics, she sings them?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Assuming you're in high school, pay a visit to your chorus and see if anyone's interested.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Ahh, girl singers. Ive been in 3 bands with girl singers. They are good singers, but they just get too emotional. I would say keep her and do stuff that would make her quit.
Im practicing singing alot nowadays, thinkin about taking lessons. Its just im not to great at writing lyrics. And my lack of a large vocab makes it really hard.. lol I prolly sholda payed more attention in english class. damn.
You don't need a big vocabulary to write good songs. Every blues song you've ever heard was written by some guy with at most a junior high school education or worse. Sometimes vocabulary can get in the way of effective communication, in my opinion. So don't blame it on that. Best way to get better at writing is to just write. As for the girl, you have to just be straight with her. Let her know that things aren't going the way you want, that you like her as a person and respect her as a musician, etc. etc., but that you need someone who can commit more time to the project.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
You don't need a big vocabulary to write good songs. Every blues song you've ever heard was written by some guy with at most a junior high school education or worse. Sometimes vocabulary can get in the way of effective communication, in my opinion. So don't blame it on that. Best way to get better at writing is to just write. As for the girl, you have to just be straight with her. Let her know that things aren't going the way you want, that you like her as a person and respect her as a musician, etc. etc., but that you need someone who can commit more time to the project.

Agreed i had to do that to. our singer turned into a douche so we gave him the boot. And i started to sing i took lessons got a littl better than after awhile of writing lyrics its started getting better as well. So it just takes a little time to get better, but then again i have a very vivid imagination and a very strange childhood to draw ideas from.

Well good luck

Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
yea well that at least gave me more confidence on my songwriting haha ok im gunna take singing lessons and write more but in the mean time im lookin for a new singer. thanx
And what sort of music are you listening to? The other best way to get good at songwriting (writing is the absolute, undeniable best way, of course) is to listen to good songwriters. I don't know what kind of music you're into, but this might mean delving into genres you haven't really listened to before. Paul Simon is an excellent songwriter. Bob Dylan, of course. Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Hank Williams are all very good songwriters, as well (and I DO NOT listen to country music). Another way to help is to take some lyrics that are your favorites, and write them out. By hand. Try to think of what the person was thinking of when they wrote them. For instance, try to think which is the line they thought was clever and the other that was written just to get a good rhyme. I also started reading Romantic-era poetry to help with my songwriting (I think free verse is crap, generally speaking).
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Iceman729
Ahh, girl singers. Ive been in 3 bands with girl singers. They are good singers, but they just get too emotional. I would say keep her and do stuff that would make her quit.

all musicians are emotional in some way.
Oh ho, everyday is an adventure
yea i kinda like porcupine trees lyrics. Well ive never really actaully like read them but they sound cool and the message or watever you would like to call it is not very apperant.
Have the band practice by itself, with someone singing the lyrics(doesn't have to be good, just as a stand by cuz she can't sing) then she practice singing whenever she can. That way, when the two of you come together, you can make sweet sweet music.
-B----a-----l-----y
----r-----d----e---

-I'm From the Bahamas-