I was just wondering if anybody could throw out their opinion on the JCM2000 series, specifically the DSL's. I might start gigging here soon and I'm trying to find an amp that sounds good and will give me the loudness I need. I found a pretty good deal on ebay, but like I said, I was wondering if I could get an honest opinion on the sound (the auction is over in a couple days I won't be able to run to the Guitar Center in time to try it out). Thanks in advance.
My gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic (beautiful blue)
Jackson JS1 (Upgraded Emg 81's)
Fender Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD100VT
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
what styles do you play? cause i recently tried one out and it had tons of distorsion. but fronm the thread i made out them they are good for classic rock and can do harder stuff with a pedal
The DSL's are great amps. The combos aren't that great, but the stacks are great. They don't have quite enough gain on their own to play metal, although an OD pedal is enough to boost the gain into metal territory. The cleans are pretty good, and the crunch tones are stellar. If you give us some musical styles and a price range then I'm sure people will be able to offer some other options.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
as for music styles.........well I pretty much play anything rock. Zeppelin, Metallica, some modern stuff (i.e. Breaking Benjamin, Sum 41)........well you get the picture. The one I'm lookin at right now is a stack, and my budget is pretty limited, but like i said, I found a pretty decent deal. I'm just curious as to if it is a worthy investment sound-wise.
My gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic (beautiful blue)
Jackson JS1 (Upgraded Emg 81's)
Fender Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD100VT
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Yeah, it's a great amp. It'll suite your styles of playing very well. You might considering investing in an OD pedal later on down the road, just to get a slightly higher-gain and more compressed tone out of it (great for soloing). However, on it's own, it should deffinately be enough to get you the tones you're after. Especially the classic rock stuff.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
JCM2000 DSL50's are great. All the wattage you'll ever need. And it has amazing tones straight out of the gate. Although you just get the Marshall tone, it's a great amp and can play anything you listed. If I'm not mistaken, Dave Baksh of Sum 41 uses a DSL50.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
i like jcm900's thats me!!

DSL is nice, simple, rock, metal.

Try before u buy!!
I've heard the TSL is also lacking in the tone department and overall not as good as the DSL.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I have a TSL 60 and on it's own it can probably do metal if you EQ it right. I use a rackmount compressor, and that gives it a gain boost and a more compressed and sustained tone. With the compressor, it can easily do metal. There is PLENTY oif gain for it. You can use an OD pedal too, but I like to have as few pedals on the floor as possible.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer