Hi guys,
I posted the other day and the recording was pretty ****ty. We rerecorded that song and also recorded a second song. Please crit them. If you do, leave me a link to your thread and I will crit.

Thanks

www.myspace.com/defendhxc
0% original. gay as hell. please dont ever play another song again. i think i have heard half this crap in the soundtracks to B-list action movies. enjoy the remainder of your day.
a little lie says you'd like nothing better.....
CENSORED BY THE US GOVERNMENT!
BOLD.
Last edited by maddd0g at May 9, 2006,
The other day I got positive answers but said they couldn't hear vocals. Do you guys not like the genre?
lol...ok...first the name is either "defend hxc" or just "defend"....both of wich are compltely gay.....secind..there is no genre........i love harcore...i have been playing hardcore for years......this is not hardcore....or anything like hardcore....its generic rock/metal crap with some guy saying something like "ohh" over top of it....the dumbass pictures next to the songs dont help.
Give me a name that sounds good that doesnt sound like a gay fag scene name or that isn't taken. Defend is the name we just used hxc because we defent was also taken as a URL.
Well anyone thanks for the criticism. You could have been a little more constuctive with it though. Tell me that it totally sucks, doesn't fit into any genre and that the name is gay really helped. At least give me some ideas. You don't have to be the almighty guitar player. I shoudl never play a song ever again.
There an aversion on this forum to anyone who plays guitar in a modern way... generally people who suck at playing like to make themselves feel better by attacking all the hardcore posters. This isnt bad its just not my style. this just sounds like a bunch of power chords... its enough to get pumped to for like a preshow though...

people that bash hardcore dont do much hanging out at concerts I take it.
dont worry people are just being asswholes like they tend to be on this forum... most of them arent all that great at guitar anyway they just think they are.

I have yet to see more than one or two decent guitarists on here... and the people who actually do know theory, just bitch about how people dont follow it in parts of their songs.
no one attacked his guitar playing dumbass....i did attack the fact that (as you mentioned) it just sounded like some power chords.....i could give you the whole speech about how poor guitar has nothing to do with poor music and how nirvana and countless other bands prove this.......but a bunch of noobs cluttering up rocording forums with thier crap just dont demand that much of anyones time...
sorry didnt like it
basically what everyone else said...
and the recording was way too bad for me

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357494
crit 4 crit
Quote by MarchOfEternity
Oh, and azza, you're a pretty good writer! Graybass is a god amongst men and you're turning real quick to be his new messiah lol.

Quote by graybass_20x6
You're doing good, mate.

Keep up the good work.

I'll take A for $500, Alex.
Quote by silentdud
There an aversion on this forum to anyone who plays guitar in a modern way... generally people who suck at playing like to make themselves feel better by attacking all the hardcore posters. This isnt bad its just not my style. this just sounds like a bunch of power chords... its enough to get pumped to for like a preshow though...

people that bash hardcore dont do much hanging out at concerts I take it.

Rediculous, Im very open to music, this just sounds like trash, I could see how it would get you pumped up, but seriously, you cant say this sounds good.
BOLD.
It does involve powerchords, but not only. I guarentee you, that the majority or hardcore bands do use powerchords or just play Drop D or maybe even Drop C. If you are criticizing just for the use of powerchords, then you are criticizing many great hardcore bands. American nightmare is almost all powerchords. They are not around and still have a huge fanbase. Many rock bands use power chords. We may not have expanded to adding other parts to it fully but we are working on it. Just because a band uses powerchords or Drop doesn't mean they suck. I guarentee if you are playing hardcore, then you are using them at sometime or another.
Quote by jmac72187
It does involve powerchords, but not only. I guarentee you, that the majority or hardcore bands do use powerchords or just play Drop D or maybe even Drop C. If you are criticizing just for the use of powerchords, then you are criticizing many great hardcore bands. American nightmare is almost all powerchords. They are not around and still have a huge fanbase. Many rock bands use power chords. We may not have expanded to adding other parts to it fully but we are working on it. Just because a band uses powerchords or Drop doesn't mean they suck. I guarentee if you are playing hardcore, then you are using them at sometime or another.

Im not complaining about powerchords, Im not even slightly disecting your the theory elements, im just saying what i hear, sounds really bad. Clean up the recording a bit.

Im not trying to be a dickhead UG'er and say "POWERCHOARRADSS SUCKZORZ LOLzZ"

Im telling you my honest opinion.

Edit: Okay, I listened to it again. Its not half bad, but the recording quality needs work, actually, I think its pretty good, you seem to achieved what you were aiming for in terms of style and such. And, I did stereotype the hardcore thing at first, I didnt even really listen.
BOLD.
Last edited by maddd0g at May 9, 2006,
The recording is so bad because I don't have the money to buy a multi-track recorder. We stuck one mic in the middle of our practice room did a quick sound check and then recording using a stereo system. If we had the time and the money, we would have a higher quality recording. I will be buying recording stuff hopefully soon.
Quote by jmac72187
The recording is so bad because I don't have the money to buy a multi-track recorder. We stuck one mic in the middle of our practice room did a quick sound check and then recording using a stereo system. If we had the time and the money, we would have a higher quality recording. I will be buying recording stuff hopefully soon.

Read my edit btw.
BOLD.
Sorry, I posted at the same time you edited. Thank you for fully listening to it and being open to it.