Page 1 of 4
"ENRAGED MOTHER CALLS FALL OUT BOY CONCERT 'LIBERAL HOMOSEXUAL RALLY'"

An angry parent has written an email to Fall Out Boy's label, Island Def Jam Records, after taking her daughters to see the band last Tuesday (May 2nd) in Charlotte, North Carolina. The woman wrote that she was enraged by bassist Pete Wentz's "personal political testimony" onstage, complaining that "the ticket said 'all ages,' and your band was very foul-mouthed and anti-morals. Charlotte is not the demoralized city that liberal San Francisco and other cities across the North and West are...this was a concert, not some liberal homosexual rally."
The woman promised to contact national news organizations and other venues where Fall Out Boy would be playing, claiming that the band would lose "a lot of financial support" as a result. She concluded, "Your responsibility was to sing your songs. When you opened your mouth to talk, you blew it...By the way, my children will not be a part of your sick idea of family."

Wentz posted the letter at Fall Out Boy's website, along with his own response. The bassist wrote, "The only thing I said in Charlotte was, 'You can leave this show and say, "I think this guy is an arrogant jerk," or think, "This band is better than this one," because these are your opinions. The only thing we consider unacceptable is for you to engage in sexist, racist or homophobic behavior. If you do, we don't want you as a fan.'"

Wentz did offer an apology for any profanity he might have used, but did not change his stance, adding, "I encourage fans of our band to grow up to become good people and to change the world. Unfortunately, I don't believe that treating other people as inhuman is acceptable...(Our show) is not a liberal homosexual rally, but at the same time, it will never be a Ku Klux Klan rally."

From WMMR.com

LOL I find that quite funny if i do say so myself. I'm still laughing about it...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Last edited by Lgndkllr777 at May 9, 2006,
Quote by SGRocker0791
lol I'm not suprised it was the bassist.

Yeah. I never realized anyone paid attention to them.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
well i dont like fall out boy but they have the right idea with the not being racist sexist or homophobic.

and by the way i listen to wmmr also but im in pa wmmr kicks ass
Quote by Zeus2716
On a seperate occasion, i learned that the diner frowns upon building anatomicaly correct sculptures out of their chicken fingers, onion rings and pickles.
Quote by the_astronaut
She should've expected a bunch of fags at a Fall Out Boy gig.

Come onnn..

Hahahahahahahahahaha...makes sense..
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Everyone involved with that story should be punished. The band, the fans, the mother, and even the reporters.
She should've just went home that stupid homophobe. I hate it when people don't like something and have to make a big deal out of it even though it's not exactly affecting them. Suck it up mommy! Conservatives... I'm dying to know what he said. Maybe it's the 'wishing to be the friction in his jeans'. That's supposed to be the actual lyrics but they changed it to 'your jeans'. That'd be funny if it was.
the funniest part is that the girls mom was there. i LOLED alot

seriously what the **** did she expect
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I went to the FOB concert, actually i went to see all american rejects, i left before FOB played...There were so many guys making out it was just awkward.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
The band can't play.
That is not the point.

I would really like to know where the girl's mother grew up and in what era.
I'm interested to see if she has been alive these past couple of decades.
Has she seen Queen?
Has she seen Metallica or Nirvana or The Beatles?
What was she expecting, Hanson?
Even Frank Sinatra was a womanizer.

There's one thing about being Conservative.
It's another to be wondering when Jesus is going to run the country.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
thankfully at my school there arent any people who like fall out boy. too bad there are still greenday fags. I mean i dont mind if they like greenday , but some of these kids are like: "omgz billy joe is the best guitarist ever have you heard the solo to holiday omg it pwnz"
Quote by I Like RHCP
thankfully at my school there arent any people who like fall out boy. too bad there are still greenday fags. I mean i dont mind if they like greenday , but some of these kids are like: "omgz billy joe is the best guitarist ever have you heard the solo to holiday omg it pwnz"

Who is greenday? Are thye in any way related to Green Day?
Quote by j0nmcc
people these days

get over it

you know what i mean?

indeed.
it's just crazy.
i read an article where pete wentz openly admitted that patrick writes his basslines

i "loled" a lot.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
^^i think it may have been.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
It was the last one with Thursday and TBS?

I think they went through FOB's gearlist, and Pete was basically like:

"OmfgzzZ, I play dis bass cos it's all shiney and lolzz!!111!"

I wish I was kidding..
Quote by the_astronaut
"OmfgzzZ, I play dis bass cos it's all shiney and lolzz!!111!"

everytime i see a picture of him

i just get an image of his newdzzz

it makes me sick.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
As much as I don't like Pete Wentz, the majority of Fall Out Boy songs and probably a great deal of their fans, this woman needs to chill. Seriously, people disagree, people have stances on issues and thats how the world works. If we all thought the same thing what would be the point? Is she complaining that Fall Out Boy are saying that racism, homophobia and sexism are wrong? Because that's silly...

And at the end of the day, she clearly has far too much time on her hands if she's going to get wound up about that.
Quote by kryptonite22
Is she complaining that Fall Out Boy are saying that racism, homophobia and sexism are wrong? Because that's silly...

And at the end of the day, she clearly has far too much time on her hands if she's going to get wound up about that.

hey where does fall out boy get off telling kids to belive in all equality!?!?!?! that is ****ed up ****, i mean not being racist, WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!?!!

no i agree although i dont like FOB i respect that they were teling people not to be racist and saying that gay people do deserve rights.
wow...
people scare me.
she should learn to accept others. homos arent bad people, even though god hates them
Quote by Lgndkllr777
"ENRAGED MOTHER CALLS FALL OUT BOY CONCERT 'LIBERAL HOMOSEXUAL RALLY'"

An angry parent has written an email to Fall Out Boy's label, Island Def Jam Records, after taking her daughters to see the band last Tuesday (May 2nd) in Charlotte, North Carolina. The woman wrote that she was enraged by bassist Pete Wentz's "personal political testimony" onstage, complaining that "the ticket said 'all ages,' and your band was very foul-mouthed and anti-morals. Charlotte is not the demoralized city that liberal San Francisco and other cities across the North and West are...this was a concert, not some liberal homosexual rally."
The woman promised to contact national news organizations and other venues where Fall Out Boy would be playing, claiming that the band would lose "a lot of financial support" as a result. She concluded, "Your responsibility was to sing your songs. When you opened your mouth to talk, you blew it...By the way, my children will not be a part of your sick idea of family."

Wentz posted the letter at Fall Out Boy's website, along with his own response. The bassist wrote, "The only thing I said in Charlotte was, 'You can leave this show and say, "I think this guy is an arrogant jerk," or think, "This band is better than this one," because these are your opinions. The only thing we consider unacceptable is for you to engage in sexist, racist or homophobic behavior. If you do, we don't want you as a fan.'"

Wentz did offer an apology for any profanity he might have used, but did not change his stance, adding, "I encourage fans of our band to grow up to become good people and to change the world. Unfortunately, I don't believe that treating other people as inhuman is acceptable...(Our show) is not a liberal homosexual rally, but at the same time, it will never be a Ku Klux Klan rally."

From WMMR.com

LOL I find that quite funny if i do say so myself. I'm still laughing about it...

i went to see them last thursday (haha yes point fingers at me for going to see fob but fuck you guys it was awesome :]]]) and they posted up that letter on the screen and pretty much got the crowd to shout out a big fuck you to all the parents that had something to say and it was amazing. dont fucking come to the shows if your not going to be able to handle it. pete still cussed his ass of at the show anyways and talked about not being a racist homophobic piece of shit which he is totally way respected for in my book, i can't believe a parent would have something like that to say thats just messed up you should raise your kids to be open minded nothing the less
Quote by Jawkster
Pork, Beef, Lamb, Chicken, or Seafood? i say pork- like bacon and pork scratchings

Quote by 4evaroxn
i say vegeterian

Quote by zjp2404
Omg, you like to eat vegeterians?
i actually didn't find any of that funny...

dunno why.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by I Like RHCP

Greenday? Are thye related in any way to Green Day?
I'm just sick of people calling them greenday. You don't see me calling Fall Out Boy fallloutboy. Or Coheed and Cambria coheedandcambria.
Fall Out Boy is a story of a hardcore band gone bad. Having said that, I liked the bassist's response.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Page 1 of 4