Alright so I have a Schecter Omen 6 (blue, for what its worth). I don't wanna buy a new guitar cause I'm pretty attached to it. I wanna do some customizing on it. the build is good, i like the color I was thinking of some new pickups and maybe adding a whammy bar (vibrato, apparently tremelo is a bitch?). I wouldn't really know what pickups to get though, I was looking at the Gibson Classic pickups but I don't really wanna put those ina schecter. Maybe more Semyour Duncan since many of the high class shecters use those. Im into classic rock, I like that smooth classic vintage tone, but at the same time I wanna have some nice overdrive for the appropiate solo's. I really didn't like how the old pickups in the Schecter were black, So I was thinking of getting the new pickups silver. Silver on blue??? Anyway, tone is more important. Also where can I get a conversion kit to add the whammy? THese are some of my questions, also if you have any other ideas on how I can customize this please let me know, Thanks for the help!!

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
im not a real big fan of duncans any more

id get a DiMarzio Air norton for the bridge for sure... and maby a duncan pearly gates for the neck
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
ima schecter's man if u cant tell and guitar u shoulda just messaged me, classic rock you can go with sum nice dimazarios, and i dont think u can put a trem bar on a hardtail bridge but im not sure, so yea and if you wanted a nice metal tone go with sum bill lawrences..
Thanks for the advice guys, im not into metal though, more classic rock. What do you think of these? "DiMarzio DP193 Air Norton Pickup"
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
mmm, Dimarzio's forte is the metal sound. Personally for a good classic rock sound I think some seymour duncans woudl do you good. And I don't think you cna add a tremolo to your guitar unless you want to reroute it.
Yea I was thinking duncans too, the thing is there are so many.... Its tough to decide, I guess I got some good research to do
Which Duncan pickups are there that are chrome or of silver color that are for that clean, classic, vintage, jazzy, and blues (if those are enough terms)? Just classic rock... but again i wanna be able to put some distortion on.
Well, you can get chrome covers for them, although personally, I would go with gold.

For the trem or vibrato system, a Bigsby would be your only bet. It would also have to be one that connects to the butt end of your guitar, not drilled onto the front. Since it has a carved surface, the Omen won't accept a direct-application Bigsby.

It would look a little shoddy (a particularly metal guitar with a bigsby) and the string ferrules (the things that retain the strings that go through the body) may show, but all in the quest for new sounds!

http://www.bigsbyguitars.com/products_b700.html

Quote by kaplac
Hm, a pearly gates/custom custom might suit you

Nice choice.
The pearly gates look pretty cool they seem toa fit my tone. What do you think is better, White pickups on that blue or silver (chrome/nickel)?

Maybe even the zebra (creme/black)?

Thanks!

For the pearly gates, you were referring to this correct? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...arts?sku=301100
Last edited by Guitaraphone06 at May 9, 2006,
^ yeshir. And you can buy aftermarket nickel covers, or if your surrent pups have a metal cover on them already, you cna take them off and put them on the pearly gates.
Im starting to like the white man... Idk, i think it would look pretty sick on the blue omen, what do u think?
a bigsby is probably your only bet unless you wanna take it to a luthier or tech or somethin

the pearly gates +custom custom sounds good

i personally dont like the omen series
i prefer the C1 and Hellraisers

i htink SD has a classic styled pickup

mightve already been mentioned
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
You kno, I like the Bigsby, but I think im not gonna go with it, I have tremelo on my vox anyway. I kno u cant really compare but I think im gonna move away from the bar. Maybe just stick with the pickups for now
Good idea.

I can't recall if the Omen has Grovers or not. So what tuners does it have?

Personally, I would deck it out with all gold hardware (string ferrules, TOM piece, tuners, pickup covers, the whole deal). Blue and Gold=s3xc
It has "diamond" tuners, I really don't know what that means (i mean, the diamond, i know what tuners are, its prob very similar to grover). I like the gold idea actually now that im thinking about it
Last edited by Guitaraphone06 at May 9, 2006,
bigsby on an omen six please dont ruin such a beautiful guitar
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

dude balck and white on a blue guitar = pimp staus
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
try this out

try that- check and see if you post spacing is enough- also- idk if it would work wiht a string thourhg body due to the downward drop of the strings- but you could probably file it out somehow to fix it
Last edited by tongue untied at May 10, 2006,
That wont' work me thinks. Omen 6s are strung through teh body. I dont' think those can mount on ferrules.
Hm, I was under the imperssion that was to replace the stopbar, not the saddles. Or do they replace the stop bar and I just have no clue what your talking about?
Yeah they are strung through the body, I was looking at those kits though, too bad. I don't want to go through the trouble of changing them though, the omen 6 is a great guitar I don't want to drastically alter it... Thanks for all the input guys!
Gosh I dont know Im still digging the white pickups... I dont know wat it is, u think they'll look ugly?
i say white and black

that will look uber pimp
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
U mean the creme and black zebras, or pure white pickups?
the zebra ones
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
I was thinking of this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Replacement/Parts?sku=300010. They were under the "Vintage" Humbuckers at the Duncan website, sound great, and are zebras neck and Bridge... Wat do u think?

theres an idea i suppose
the top one has more of the boddy shap i think
but i did both just incase
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
WOW, how did u get that. Thanks so much man thats exactly the idea I needed, jeez, thanks!
you should get some burstbukers they sound sweet, id say no on a trem it would ruin the curves of the guitar, i put burstbuckers in my schecter omen 6 and it plays better than anything ive played at guitar center
The pearly gates are modelled after the Gibson '59 like Page used. Sort of a lower output humbucker, great for classic rock like Zep. The only issue I'd have with that is if you ever wanted to move toward modern rock or metal you'd be hard pressed. It would be easier to back off a higher output pickup like a Dimarzio Tone Zone to get classic rock than push the pearly gates to modern rock.

Burstbuckers are nice sounding too, sort of between the TZ and PG. I can also recommend the Swineshead runaway without hesitation.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I was thinking of this nasty Duo, Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom Pickups in the bridge and Pearly gates in the neck
Id say go for the 59s that you just posted the link of, then deck everytihng out in gold, including pickup covers.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
59's neck and bridge?