Page 1 of 2
Yes ladies and gentlemen... It's that time again!!!

I'm now the proud owner of a Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live . This means everything on my wishlist has gone up a place.

Next on my wishlist is a Fender American Precision. Though I promised myself I wouldn't get it until after I finish university.

So... what's next on your bass wish list?
An Orange Amp, the 200 watt one and another 4x10 from Avatar. A reverb pedal would be cool, too... yes for my bass.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
My next bass wishlist...a new bass lol. My Ibanez SRX500 is jacked...bent trust rod

But after that...go get my head and cab (oddly enough i'm probably going to buy the bass and amp stuffs at the same), then...an EHX Q-tron just to waste money and try one, a PD7 (again wasting money), boss chorus pedal, a digital delay, a phaser, a better wah-wah pedal than I have, and some more strap locks.

I think thats it ....
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
hopefully a wah pedal.......i really want 1 haha...but my dad doesnt want me to have effects >.> tho i was gunna buy it wit MY money like i did wit my 2 distortion pedals.
Fender Mod Shop 5 string pickups for my fretless.

Ughhh... New strings.

Prolly a new cable too, my old ones trashed.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by Crazy Horse
hopefully a wah pedal.......i really want 1 haha...but my dad doesnt want me to have effects >.>

How comes?
probaly some ibanez that has basic knob options, 24 frets and a god cutaway so i can reach up there.
Epi EB-3 (non-elitist)

I just need a cheap bass with (at least) half decent quality for playing in my school band and possibly a couple of other jam sessions. the school sold my B-301 and I loved it too.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
An old-style reissue P-bass (like Sting's sig)
A bass synth
A 4x10 of some nature.

My Wah should be with me within two weeks

Alex
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Crazy Horse
hopefully a wah pedal.......i really want 1 haha...but my dad doesnt want me to have effects >.> tho i was gunna buy it wit MY money like i did wit my 2 distortion pedals.

What's it got to do with your dad?

Next on my bass wish list is a new 9v battery - two in fact. I'm desperate.

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
^^ put a five way 9volt dc mains adapter on your wish list bassbitch, saves money in the long run on batteries.

I recently aquired my morley bass wah which I am very happy with, next on the list is a Mania VTB 4B, it's uber-cool looking but I don't think it will have very slap tone; such is the danger with neck throughs. After that my ampage needs serious attention which will undoubtadly hit my pocket pretty hard and require a lot of saving up, and then I'm gonna get a boss flanger to complete my rig. Even after I've reached the end of my wish list I'll probably end up blowing lots and lots more money on bass stuff, as you do.
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join
I bought a Woolly Mammoth fuzzbox a few months ago, I don't need any other effects. Next on my list (after teh three years left of saving up for one) is a Stingray. In white with a black pickguard and rosewood fretboard.

Failing that a big ol' 100 watt amp'd be nice...
my Musicians Friend brand strings are coming in on Friday...They cost me 16 dollars for two sets of 4 string standard gauge strings...Thats like 8 dollars for a pack of bass strings...BASS STRINGS!...yea bass strings are kinda gettin me mad because I seem to use up more of the money I'm "saving up" for bass gear on a new set of strings...Its much worse now that I have a 6 string

I'm hoping these cheap strings will be decent...

I'll let you guys know if the strings are any good when I get em in...Who knows?, I may have found a good (CHEAP) alternative to the 25 dollar GHS', Dean Markleys, D'addarios, etc, etc...

BTW I have a question about the Boss LMB-3 Limiter Enhancer...I know that it smooths out your volume and stuff (i.e. tapping and harmonics becomes more audible, slap/pop and fingerstyle volume stays consistent) but does it have an affect on your tone?...Any at all?

help?
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
^ No, it does not affect your tone. Compression is NOT an effect, it does not add/remove/filter/distort the signal in any way. It is an automatic gain riding device, it reduces peaks and raises the quieter sounds to give everything a more consistent level. So, as you said, your pops dont peak your amp and they sound the same level as your slaps. Obviously this is the same for finger style - one can never be 100% consistent, but with limiter/compressor you can.

Quote by lost_it_again
^^ put a five way 9volt dc mains adapter on your wish list bassbitch, saves money in the long run on batteries.

I recently aquired my morley bass wah which I am very happy with,

Yeah, i dont play that many pedals and have never got round to it. I think i just might do that. OK, so bassbitch is on the lookout for a little pedal board with power supply.

Glad the Morely is working out for you....they positively rock

BB
x
Last edited by bassbitch at May 10, 2006,
Next on my wish list, after I get my new amp ina month or so, is a bass wah, then a SR506.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
^2x
ok thanks BB...

The reason I thought the Limiter/Enhancer affected the tone was because it evens out the bass playing and I thought that would make the notes ring out clearer or something like that...guess not...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Not exactly all bass but...
1) New amp for my guitarist (his is blown)
2) New mics for recording/stands
3) Warwick Corvette $$

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by bassbitch
^ No, it does not affect your tone. Compression is NOT an effect, it does not add/remove/filter/distort the signal in any way. It is an automatic gain riding device, it reduces peaks and raises the quieter sounds to give everything a more consistent level. So, as you said, your pops dont peak your amp and they sound the same level as your slaps. Obviously this is the same for finger style - one can never be 100% consistent, but with limiter/compressor you can.

it doesn't change your tone, but it does affect it. My dual band compressor did effect my tone quite a large bit when I had one. And it wasn't dead or dying or anything. There's a sound of a compressed bass and a sound of a compressed bass. Les Claypool tends to have a lot of compression, for example, and it does play a role in his sound and tone.

It affects your tone a lot. Atleast in my experience.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^It also depends on what type/brand/make of compression you get. Compression is an art that takes a long time to master.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by UtBDan
it doesn't change your tone, but it does affect it. My dual band compressor did effect my tone quite a large bit when I had one. And it wasn't dead or dying or anything. There's a sound of a compressed bass and a sound of a compressed bass. Les Claypool tends to have a lot of compression, for example, and it does play a role in his sound and tone.

lol *uncompressed bass. oops.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan

+1

John Myung uses lots of compression, which is part of his tone too.
haha
-A decent set of strings for my short scale P bass
-Tab/music books (I know I know)
-Peavey Max110-115 (one of 'em)
-lot's of CDs
-some C4 to blow up my local Guitar Center
Quote by FunkMaster

you know you're a bassist when your GF loves you for your fingering technique
Last edited by seekdestroy83 at May 10, 2006,
^Yes we must stop guitar center.

D'Addario 5 string Flatwounds at guitar center?

*******$85
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
You guys must be using crap compressors then, because it should not change your tone unless you want it to change your tone. Compression messes with the perceived loudness of your signal. Infact, done correctly you should not even know the signal is being compressed. but as someone above said, it is an art which takes a looooong time to master. Buy the pedal I use and you will see what i mean..

BB
x
Last edited by bassbitch at May 11, 2006,
New pre-amp for my six string. A five string Jazz bass wwith a MM humbucker in the bridge rather than two J pups. A custom cabinet (1 18" plus 2 10" speakers). An eight space rack case. A rackmount compressor, tuner, power strip, pre-amp, Sansamp, and octave divider (to play an octave up). An eight string bass (Ken Lawrence Chambrebrase II). An Electro-Harmonix 2880. A new wireless. Hell, a whole new amp head (Aguilar DB750). A four string Fodera Emporer (Tenor bass, of course). And last but not least, a ridiculous amount of strings in every conceivable gauge for various tunings.
Quote by Bumper
New pre-amp for my six string. A five string Jazz bass wwith a MM humbucker in the bridge rather than two J pups. A custom cabinet (1 18" plus 2 10" speakers). An eight space rack case. A rackmount compressor, tuner, power strip, pre-amp, Sansamp, and octave divider (to play an octave up). An eight string bass (Ken Lawrence Chambrebrase II). An Electro-Harmonix 2880. A new wireless. Hell, a whole new amp head (Aguilar DB750). A four string Fodera Emporer (Tenor bass, of course). And last but not least, a ridiculous amount of strings in every conceivable gauge for various tunings.

Haha - not too demanding then eh?
Next on my wishlist is a BC-Rich Custom Shop 6 String Ironbird bass. Im trying to save up for it now, Selling alot of my current gear off.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by Asomodai
Next on my wishlist is a BC-Rich Custom Shop 6 String Ironbird bass. Im trying to save up for it now, Selling alot of my current gear off.

Any idea for specs?
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Any idea for specs?

Nope

Well not sure Tbh. I wouldnt mind Two Active jazz bass pups. White or pink, not sure which. I was inspired after seeing a picture of a 6 String warlock bass.

Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
That warlock doesn't do 6 strings very well, IMO... I think the Beast or Ironbirds wo udl do it better.

Bichs would be pretty cool though...

And I don't think there are any 6 string J-pups... but you could get thin soapbars.
haha
my only wish is for musiciansfriend to stop pissing away my time and deliver my damn conklin already!!!
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I'd love a big-arse bass cab/head, but unfortunatly I don't play enough gigs at the moment to warrant the disgusting amount of money it would cost.

Maybe next year. I'd like to experiment with some more effects, but to be honest, I'm really enjoying the sound of a clean bass and experimenting with the tonal range of my Ibanez at the moment.

So I guess not a lot on my list for the next few months.
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
Quote by smb
Haha - not too demanding then eh?

Only the bare necesseties.
Page 1 of 2