I'm happy to say I'm now the proud owner of an "almost new" Peavey XXX 112. There's a few scratches on the side, but other then that everything is great! It's also coming with a new footswitch and it only cost me $575 CDN with S&H. Luckily I was able to sell my Cube 60 for $400 so I only had to pay a $175 difference for a great amp upgrade [it was purchased off eBay from a Musicians Friend dealer].

I find these amps are great, all around metal combo's. They're not the greatest [from what I remember] for cleans but I don't care about that because it satisfies my love for gain. Next I'll be ordering some Bare Knuckle Warpigs for my SG to get a total metal tone .

I made this thread because I'm super hyped to get this amp and I've been stuck with SS for years due to financial trouble [yeah, being 19 and having your own apartment really is hard ], and now I'm just super happy because I was able to come across such a sweet deal! Has any one else come across some good deals when they really wanted something they couldn't afford?

[Thanks for the e-mail, Derek , it really helped me out with choosing this amp.]
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
haha this makes me glad I got the car instead of the apartment. I got a pretty good deal on a washburn wi64 (260 shipped) from music123 though. That seemed like a very good price for the specs.
Congratulations!

^Yeah, Washburns are nice - if only other companies got smarter and started offering the Feiten system on their guitars.
I got a Peavey Classic 30 for 300 bucks...what can I say? I'm happy.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^ Not bad.

My boss bought a classic 50 for around $550.. from BEACOCKS!! jesus, I was suprised at that one.

I've bought tons of pickups from ebay for dirt cheap, most duncans or dimarzio under $40
what? the classic 50 is a valuble amp? My friend has an older one (80's maybe) and he seems to think its just a ****ty hand me down amp.

Oh, I bought a lot of pickups for $100. There was an EMG 85, SD hotrails and this unmarked really awesome pickup. Plus a bunch of random other pickups.
Quote by Bing
what? the classic 50 is a valuble amp? My friend has an older one (80's maybe) and he seems to think its just a ****ty hand me down amp.

Oh, I bought a lot of pickups for $100. There was an EMG 85, SD hotrails and this unmarked really awesome pickup. Plus a bunch of random other pickups.

Well, considering that he bought the thing brand new for about $50 more than a classic 30 would have cost, with a footswitch.. and a new set of tubes.. Yeah, thats pretty good.

The classic 50 isnt 'valuable' they're pretty average, they're decent amps for the price.