This is a piece I've been working on recently. It's for piano. It's far from finished. This is just the introduction.
Attachments:
Goodnight.zip
It was nice :P

The ending seemed a bit abrupt? Maybe you should have some build-up at the end to make it more interesting but I do like the general feeling of the song.

Hope to hear more of it
Quote by human-blasphamy
Didnt MCR do that song The Gay Parade It went like this
when I was A young boy
My father took me to the bedroom
and told me not to tell
That was brilliant. Didn't get repetitive, kept flowing nicely. Good changes of speed, wasn't all 16ths or 8ths.

A couple of notes didn't sound quite right to me. On the second bar, the last chord doesn't seem to quite fit the note on the piano. Also at bar 20 the second "9" on the piano doesn't sound right, to me anyway. I don't have a great ear for music so I may be wrong with those two. Other than that, great song. Hope to hear the rest of it.
Can you check out my latest tab, Simple Chaos? It's in my sig
Well the first 9 is supposed to be some dissonence but then it changes to a 10. I like the effect it gives. The second note is the same thing. I'll crit yours now.
Hmm I liked a very slow piece, I would like it if you would expand it maybe add another instrutement and make the piece a little longer. It did sound dissonance at bar four maybe try a different note like a g instead of a f. How long have you been playing Piano?
I've been playing for about 5 years or so. Give or take.

Do you mean the G's at measure four?

I'm thinking about putting in strings and an acoustic or a clean electric. Maybe even like a big build up with some heavy guitars. Not sure where I'm taking this.
Theme I really, REALLY reminded me of the piano in Atreyu's "Lip Gloss and Black"
You a fan? Take any inspiration from there?

I liked the chords in the second theme.

I think it should progress into a faster theme. Not necessarily the lead piano, but the chords should definately progress to a faster tempo, in my opinion.

I'm curious. When writing a piano piece of PowerTab, do you:
play piano then transpose it to guitar?
or
play guitar and have PowerTab play it with piano sounds?
Spiral Out
I've never listened to Atreyu before, (I actually had to look at your post to figure out how to spell it.) So no, there wasn't any inspiration from there. Coincedence (sp?) I guess.

Well this time around, I played it on piano, and then transposed it directly to powertab but other times i transpose it to guitar, fool around with it on guitar, then throw it on powertab.
i really like it. it seems eerily familiar. it flows really nicely. i can't wait to hear the entire thing when you're finished.
a measure sounds exactly like one from lipgloss, and another measure is almost the same, same with one more measure. It really just sounds like branches off of parts in lipgloss.

Aside from that it sounds pretty good, but it needs to flow better and be more of a song rather than random things.

Quote by HumanitysDeath
Theme I really, REALLY reminded me of the piano in Atreyu's "Lip Gloss and Black"
You a fan? Take any inspiration from there?

I liked the chords in the second theme.

I think it should progress into a faster theme. Not necessarily the lead piano, but the chords should definately progress to a faster tempo, in my opinion.

I'm curious. When writing a piano piece of PowerTab, do you:
play piano then transpose it to guitar?
or
play guitar and have PowerTab play it with piano sounds?
:stickpoke
the 11 11 11 chord sounds too dissonant. maybe a 11 12 11 or something else would sound better. it sounds pretty disconnected. there are a few notes that seem wrong. has a unique sort of feel to it. at the end of theme 1 i like the 5 5 5 chord, but not the 3 3 3. i'd recommend having a more predictable 2nd piano part so that it's easier to get into the feel of the song. it could use a little more drive too. maybe you could give the 2nd piano part more notes to help do this. yeah, keep at it, some changes are needed, but there's some good stuff here.
Do you mean add notes to the left hand part. (Edit: Bass part sorry, I realize not everyone plays piano)?
That's ok. I play a little piano. I mean you could arpeggiate the chords and add 9ths, 11ths, and what not to give it more color. This would be it moving more, but I'm really not sure what you have in mind with it.
It might be too much trouble, but would you mind like editing a staff or so, so i can get an idea of what you're saying, because i'm not sure if we're thinking the same.
Ahh alright I see what you mean. I really like the changes, Now I just have to figure out how to fit it in to what i already have.
Alright. I have this problem where I overthink things and I end up never finishing pieces because I feel like they aren't good enough. So basically here is what I did with the original. It needs alot of work but I was just messing around with different ideas. Some of them didn't come out right though.
Attachments:
555.zip