hey everybody, im looking into buying this guitar, looks pretty nice, picture here in black i heard about the voice contour control, allows you to change between the humbucks or the single coils. Has anyone ever had any experience with this guitar? i play mostly punk and rock, a bit of post hardcore, and it fits my budget perfectly. this will be my second guitar and ive been playing for around 3-4 years. What do you guys think?

link to washburn page
Last edited by lespaul_jube at May 9, 2006,
I've tried them before. They're pretty good-especially if you can get a great deal on them. I have a WI14 (lower model) that is great, even though it's mainly a beginner guitar. Try it out, play around with the settings and see if you like it. Washburn is pretty underestimated, they make some good guitars.

Definetly go and try one out. If you like it, look into the deal on the distressed version on music123.com. It's pretty cheap if I remember correctly. It looked cool as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i have the WI64 in red with gold hardware and a quilted maple top. it is a damn good guitar. it even comes standard with the buzz feiten tuning system. because of this, intonation adjustments arent needed when you change string gauges. the stock pups sound great; i myself wouldnt even bother with replacing them. the guitar is very versitile. the neck pup gives great cleans and the bridge pup is great for heavy distortion. i will be honest, though; the VCC isnt really much more than tone knobs. however, i have read on the internet somewhere where some guy replaced his neck pup with a seymour duncan fullshred and it made the VCC more apperant. the guitar is set up like a les paul (two humbuckers, two volume, two tone, 3 way switch) yet it has a pretty thin neck in comparison and only weighs about 8.5 pounds as opposed to 12. people have said that the WI64 is up there with very high end epi les pauls which cost twice as much. BLS calls the idol series "the les paul killer". the funny part about that is zakk wyldes signature guitar is a gibson les paul. nick catanese plays the evil idol. i highly recommend this guitar. worth every penny IMO.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

^There you have it. I'm actually thinking of getting one myself...

On the one I tried the VCC worked pretty noticeably. It definetly gave it a very single-coilish sound. Not pure single coil, but still adds a lot of versatility.

As for color, I like the black distressed version. Cheaper with all the same features, and pretty wicked looking. I do wish it came in blackburst though.

I also love the fact that it's made of MAHOGANY and not some crappy low grade wood. Youd don't see many ~$300 guitars made of mahogany with a mahogany set neck.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar