Ive only recently gotten into them, and am wondering what some good, easy tunes by them are (easy is subjective, from what I can see, Iron Maiden doesnt get "easy")
try learning fear of the dark, it shouldnt be too hard.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

Really, the opening riff of The Tropper isn't that hard if you play it slow at first.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
anything from their first album will be fairly easy. it's the foundation for the rest of their songs.
Tool box: Fender American Deluxe "None more black" Stratocaster HSS, 1981 S.D. Curlee Curbeck, Takamine G-240RS; Marshall AVT50; Dunlop Crybaby Wah.

-Member of the Motley Crue Fan Club. PM JeffWiredBeck24 to join
I was just looking at powertabs of Maiden tunes and for the most part, many of their hits are easy (depending on the solos). The rhythm parts are fast but mostly just a few chords.

Number of the Beast
Aces High

The solo on Aces High is bitchin' IMHO.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
The Trooper is awesome to play, in fact I just recorded a cover of it if u look in the riffs & recordings forum

The intro isn't too hard, the most important part is to get the rhythm right in the verse.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
Fear of the dark
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
run to the hills, cant believe no one said it yet. you should be able to play the entire thing even solo
and wrathchild
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...

Can I Play With Madness is exceptionally easy, even the solo is intermediate at best.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by ironic_lettuce
The melody part from Afraid To Shoot Strangers is quite easy and sounds brilliant

that melody is one of the best ever, learn it
id say phantom of the opera would be best to learn coz it has so much variety and stuff to learn. noting too hard there though, even the solos
I'm a guitar newbie and I'm slowly learning Wasting Love from Fear of the Dark album, doesn't seem to be very hard, except for the solos of course
This is not a signature.
Blood Brothers is a pretty simple tune.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I keep underestimating myself... In one day (I know I posted this a few days ago but I didnt have time due to guitar tests to learn anything else) I got 90% of the Trooper down (eg, everything but the solo/s).

I do have one question, on the galloping part during the verse (fun to do) do you simply gallop the root note, or all 3 notes of the power chord (as Ive seen videos of it done all ways, and on the Iron Maiden videos it never shows them close enough)

Also, do they alternate pick, down pick, economy pick, or what for the riffs?
The wickerman was the first song I ever learnt. Its really easy. Great song too.

I think maiden alternate pick the gallopy parts. Its pretty easy to do. The hard part is keeping it Palm muted. That takes a while to get down. In that particular song, they gallop the root note (E). Its harder to play if you gallop on all three notes.

I always underestimate myself too. I always surprise myself though. I don't think I'll ever get a ego. But thats a good thing.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Last edited by monkey of doom at May 16, 2006,
Hard galloping and Palmmuting? Wierd...

I play rhythm and stuff purely by ear... same with in music class, same with learning licks from Clapton/Insert other blues player here, I just need to hear it a few times and I can copy and do it.. the galloping was only a matter of hearing it about 4 or 5 times, then trying it a few and then I got it down...

Its the only reason really why I can play crazy jazz guitar rhytms in class, when the rest of the jazz band messes up, I cant actually read notation like that haha
First of all great band wouldn't you say. The real answer to your question is flight of icarus a very good song, solo is kind of fast but the pattern is simple. There's even a video from warner bros. you can get explaining how to play it along with a few more hits. You can get it from musiciansfriend.com. If you don't like flight of icarus then i'd recommend run to the hills another awesome song. Good Luck.