The Epiphone, unless you get the next step up on the Dean. I forget what its exact model is (and I can't be bothered to find out), but I played both the cheaper bolt on version (the one you posted) and the more expensive (and infinately better) set neck one. The cheaper one is crap.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

I think over all, I would go for the Epiphone. I haven't played either of them, but the set neck puts it over the top.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by Gofishus
Set necks aren't better then bolt-ons. Its a matter of preference.

Very true. That said, I still think the Epi is superior to the Dean because it felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands, like a Squire.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by Gofishus
Set necks aren't better then bolt-ons. Its a matter of preference.

Regardless of preference, I think it goes someway to say that a set neck will be suited far more to a guitar than another.
The vintage style of V such as the above, are indeed that, vintage styled. Which, in all fairness should be in every point, including contruction. After all, Dean take their mark from Gibson.

In a similar sense, take the Les Paul and Stratocaster. Both to a degree, defined by the neck joint.

As for the thread topic, I'd take the Epiphone. I find Dean are rather poor at building low end instruments.