Wow, just bought 2 B.L Pickups from the US. (im from the UK)

The BL 500 XL and the 500L all for $100 or 60quid!!!!(including p+p)

For two great pickups (tried em before) to cover my shiiity invaders!

Why are these pickups sooooo cheap?
Quote by davedoom
Why are these pickups sooooo cheap?

Because there made in a sweat shop by a load of illegal immigrants. not really

Never tried them but heard lots of good things, how much was the shipping?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
ermm, i read a while ago that there's fake BLs around... could be fakes?
^ if he ordered them direct from the BL site, they're probably not fakes...

i dunno why they're so cheap... bear in mind though, in the states duncans and dimarzios are only about $60 each (a lot cheaper than here), so that might explain some of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i got these from a main dealer of BL on the net with lots of pos. comments from customers.
The p+p is usually about 10-20 dollars (i paid 14) but buying pickups there, even if the p+p was 50bucks i would still save loads compared to this shiithole of a country!

Youd think, since Britain has produced the greatest rock bands of all time that people would be passionate enough to find ways of lowering the bloody prices!!
I bought my l500s for $50 each direct from the website. They're cheap because it's just a small family business, overhead is low (comparitively), and they just don't believe in having high prices for the sake of it.

Absolutely excellent pickups. I have the L500xl bridge/L500r neck, and they're both rock and metal machines. I could recommend them without hesitation.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Are the L500 series really shaped up pickups, like tight bass and lots of cut, or are they like total massive sonic blowout on all proportions.
^^ you have swinesheads too, don't you, mudder? what's the comparison?

also, what type of tone do the BL's have? i hear the xl is kinda trebly? Haven't tried them or even seen them in real life, lol.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In an Agile al3000 I have the Warthog and Condor,
In an S520ex (mahogany body) the L500s.

The 520 is the shred guitar so I wanted high output pickups and started with a set of JB/Jazz. Not bad, messed with pole pieces forever it seemed. I finally decided to make the change to the 500s and its night and day.

The 500xl is a much tighter pickup than the JB, the mids are very solid, highs clear, bottom tight but not overly pronounced. I can palm mute a nice thick rhythm without anything getting muddy. It's like throwing darts, with a JB I could hit the board, with the 500 I'm all over the triple 20.

I'll never go back to the Duncans.

Comparing the Swinesheads is another thing altogether. The warthog is warmer, better for classic rock like Zep, thin Lizzy, or Aerosmith, both can do modern rock depending on what you want (Crue, Van Halen, Maiden, etc) with the 500s a bit more trebly, but not piercing, just clear ringing. You'll never need to boost your solo with the 500.

Once you get to high gain music the 500 does better. You can get harmonics all over the board (almost unconsciously), pinches are cake, hammers/taps/pulls are ridiculously simple with the 500 but you can always hear the new note. Whenever I play things from Pantera (duh), Wylde, and the like the Ibanez is what I go for.

The Condor is a much better neck option than the 500r but it's a different animal altogether.

I would recommend either one without hesitation depending on the music. Whenever you think the Xbucker would work well the 500xl would also be a fine option.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^ awesome, great review man.

From what i hear, the xbucker is a darker pickup, so i suspect neither are really in direct competition- the xbucker is for darker high gain tones, the BL for brighter.

I actually think the warthog has pretty excellent harmonics, so the harmonics on the BL must be something special, lol.

EDIT: could you elaborate a bit more on the lawrence neck pickup? i know the condor pretty well, lol, it's vintagey, but a lot more versatile than you'd expect (it pulls off a mean vai, for example, IMO).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?