Page 1 of 3
Alright I've been meaning to start this for a while but seeing as we've had a call for a new mod here because I sleep during the hours that the majority of punk forum traffic is on I figured I'd start a thread not specifically asking for new mod suggestions but for forum suggestions in general.

First off let me put out points not up for debate...

• Sublime - There is no other place to put Sublime threads in B&A that would get the threads traffic or stop them being posted here so the ONLY Sublime thread will stay, and any other threads related to the band will be closed.
  • AFI - Another controversial one, and for the same reasons as before the ONLY AFI thread will remain and any others will be closed.
  • Bad Religion - These guys I'm going to keep letting slide depending on what the thread reads. Some Bad Religion threads get pretty good responses in here and others don't, so we'll play it by ear.

Ok now for suggestions. I'd like suggestions regarding...

• Stickies - Which stickies to remove, which ones stay and your thoughts on whether it's looking a bit crowded at the moment.
  • Suggested American/Australian mod. Actually anyone who is at least five hours out from GMT, which is what me and Andrew are on. These will not be respected as a democratic vote as it all essentially comes down to their record on UG, their posting frequency etc, not just if they're knowledgable and popular.
  • Punk BOTM - Should we have a signup list for this or just do it first come first serve as it is now?

On the to do list at the moment is to clear all the posts out of the Punk list and get Newyorkdolls to repost the list as it appears now just to clear out all the unnecessary posts and suggestions that have been adhered to.

Any other ideas are welcome.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I think that in the "Listen Up Green Day Fans..." sticky, you should add some more bands like NOFX that shouldn't be discussed here.
Yeah, remove the tribute sticky. And I agree with Op Ivy.

I think that Whyvern or JohnnyNemo should be mods, because they're not very GMT at all, not to mention they're intelligent.
We need some kind of sticky post that is intended for people getting into either genres.

There are SOO many threads a week asking what is ska or what kind of bands are ska. Just a general guide or something.
How about ONLY threads for The Ramones, The Clash and The Sex Pistols? We've had so many threads on those three bands cluttering up the forum and it seems like there's more every week.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
^then people get into arguments... we should have a sign up list to make it a tiny bit more organized.

I say you put hardrock or sargasm as mods... both of them are fairly tolerant of stupid people, and i think ones canadian and ones american, but im not sure.

Newyorkdolls also has a good point there with the ONLY threads
Quote by waterproofpie
BOTM's should be first come first serve.

I agree.

And I don't think JohnnyNemo is on quite often enough, otherwise he would be the perfect mod, but i believe he declined earlier anyway.
Jizz is where it is
Quote by CowsWithGuns
How about ONLY threads for The Ramones, The Clash and The Sex Pistols? We've had so many threads on those three bands cluttering up the forum and it seems like there's more every week.

Agreed, threads on pistols, ramones, clash, misfits dont need to be around.

Quote by newyorkdolls138
I agree.

And I don't think JohnnyNemo is on quite often enough, otherwise he would be the perfect mod, but i believe he declined earlier anyway.

johnnynemo would be a horrible mod. although i like him all he thinks is punk is '77.
Last edited by LoudnSnotty138 at May 10, 2006,
Quote by somepunkkid
^then people get into arguments... we should have a sign up list to make it a tiny bit more organized.

I don't think anyone really cares very much. BOTMs don't get done until about a week into each new month, so that should tell you that there's no scramble to do them. I think they're fine how they are.
Yeah I was going to sticky the chat thread.

I'll head up the punk n ska list if only for ease of deleting posts and keeping it tidy/updated.

I think BOTM is best as first come first serve then for now seeing as the other forums with OTM's have problems with people forgetting when their time is.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
johnnynemo would be a horrible mod. although i like him all he thinks is punk is '77.

And that's why I declined being a mod.
I am far too jaded, can be quite cantankerous and am annoyingly proud of it.

I think whyvern or waterproofpie should be mods and I would really like to see the myspace threads disappear forever.
The myspace sticky?
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
The myspace sticky and any future threads on myspace are a bad idea for a punk forum, methinks.
^ It makes sense...

Gone.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by johnnynemo
And that's why I declined being a mod.
I am far too jaded, can be quite cantankerous and am annoyingly proud of it.

I think whyvern or waterproofpie should be mods and I would really like to see the myspace threads disappear forever.

Im glad your not a dickhead and yelled at me about that. and yes no more myspace threads.
I'd be willing to accept a modship if it was offered to me, seeing as I'm gonna be in town all summer.

I don't want to create a power struggle, I'm more than happy to remain a regular user as well.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is my reccomendation for mod
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
capsfan17/Whyern (waterproofpie is ok, too) for mods!

We need something explaining what, and what the differences are between Reggae, Ska, Rocksteady, Mento, Calypso, Dancehall, Jump Blues, and etc.

The "Listen Up..." thread needs more bands that need to be on the "no no" list.

...I actually kinda liked the Myspace thread, but it's alright.

A reccomendation thread would be cool - I've already posted a Ska reccomendation a while ago. ( I think I might still have it on my MS Word)

On my Christmas wishlist....
a Ska/Reggae Forum, leaving Punk on its own.
(Punk has enough sub-genres to keep it interesting)
EDIT:
(And Ska would probably be as active as the "Other" forum - IMO)
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Last edited by Warm-And-Fuzzy at May 11, 2006,
whyvern would make a good mod imo...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I honestly don't have enough time. It seems like I'm on UG a lot, but in reality I only have tops 40 minutes to relax at home a day.

sryz.

(I'm suprised people even thought of me for this haha! Mods used to hate me)
Whyvern for mod, a stickied Bands+Albums Reccomendation thread to cut down on all those fucking "give me new music" threads.

Only band threads:

Ramones
Sex Pistols
The Clash
Black Flag
Minor Threat
Operation Ivy

Only threads for:

Guitar and Bass related topics
Last edited by pinheadslts75 at May 11, 2006,
How many goddamned only threads do you need? Jesus.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Yeah at this rate the entire first page will be Only threads and stickies, thus defeating the point. I don't see that many theads on those bands really, if some similar ones spring up they get closed.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
Im glad your not a dickhead and yelled at me about that. .

Now how could I possibly get upset about someone saying what I firmly believe i.e. that I believe that the only punk is the stuff from '77?
Twould be quite silly.

Quote by Warm-And-Fuzzy
On my Christmas wishlist....
a Ska/Reggae Forum, leaving Punk on its own.

Dear Santa,
I want one of those two, please.
Nah the forum split is outta the question. Zappp has firmly said no more forums.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
Nah the forum split is outta the question. Zappp has firmly said no more forums.

That's quite understandable.
There's like 11 music forums already.
However, having Desmond Dekker, and Discharge in the same place doesn't make much sense.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Quote by whyvern
I'd be willing to accept a modship if it was offered to me, seeing as I'm gonna be in town all summer.

I don't want to create a power struggle, I'm more than happy to remain a regular user as well.

actually seeing as how you are in alabama i think that would work pretty well
Page 1 of 3