Poll: Hardtail or Tremolo
Poll Options
View poll results: Hardtail or Tremolo
Hardtail (Fixed Bridge)
31 61%
Tremolo Floating Bridges with a Whammy..Floyd Rose)
20 39%
Voters: 51.
I'm making this thread not only as a curious beginner guitarist, trying to spend for "future needs", but also which is perferred mostly by others and what styles of music in which a Tremolo is a MUST HAVE.

So, with that being said would you guys please state whether or not a Tremolo is a MUST HAVE for what you play or whether Hardtails do you just fine as what you play doesn't require one or rather doesn't fit the particular sound your going for.

====================================

*RULES*

1. Please vote on the poll. Hardtail or Tremolo.

2. Respond stating Your favorite genre of music, you can list a few if necessary--Ex. (Blues, Jazz, Hard rock, Oldies, Mathcore, Metalcore, Hardcore, Death Metal, Progressive Rock, Neoclassical..eg)

3. State 3-5 of your favorite bands and/or solo artists.

Thank You,
Chad
Last edited by Diminished29 at May 10, 2006,
wow another nearly useless thread. it depends on your needs hardtail guitars are great for changing tunings while some tremolos such as floyd rose arent great for changing tunings but you can do some great **** with them while such systems as found on strats are pretty much basic and only used lightly and not for all out abuse though you can go all out if you feel like it
I don't feel its "worthless" as I've seen a lot of other post about it questioning it and felt if I could make worth while thread with a poll where users could also put input what what genres of music they listen which requires a whammy (not all styles do) that it could helps those whose were unsure about a purchase.

Sorry, if this upsets you, as I really didn't intend it. Again, no hard feelings.

============================

1. I listen to mostly Metalcore, Screamo, Jazzcore, Progressive Death, Neoclassical some Thrash.

2. Some favorite bands of mine are Unearth, Darkest Hour, Black Dahlia Murder, Lamb of God, Into the Moat, Old Dillinger Escape Plan, Dark Tranquility, Death, Kahlma At the Gates, Nightrage, Necrophagist.
Bridge: Hard Tail (Gibson Les Paul Classic)
Genre: Blues, rock and metal.
Playing style: Agressive.
Fav. artists: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Gary Moore.
Ispiration: Everything except pop and rap.

You're welcome!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Cheesepuff
@threadstarter,

Did you just make 4 threads like this??

No?

The only thing I posted in the last few days/weeks was that I was asking a few others here which guitar they'd reccommend. I was asking people whether they thought an RGA121 was THAT much better than a RG321MH.

I then posted a post about a second guitar I wanna get which was between a RG3120 or the cheap Mahogany bodied S470.

Maybe you we're just confusing me with someone else.

Anyways, lets try and stay on topic please.
1. Anything that sounds good.

2. (a) Alter Bridge (b) Van Halen (c) Dream Theater (d) The Doors (e) Akira Yamaoka (f) Red Hot Chilli Peppers (g) Yoko Kanno

I like the tremolo unit because Palm Muting is different. You get a sharper sound if you've got saddles. Also, I figure even if I don't use it all the time, it's better to have it than not, no?
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
1. Hardtail, I like the tone more and I don't like tremolo use anyway.

2. Jazz, Fusion, Shred, Hair, Avant-Garde, Indian, Classical, Prog Rock, Prog Metal, ...

3. Scott Henderson - Well To The Bone, Stanley Clarke Al DiMeola and Jean-Luc Ponty - The Rite Of Strings, Mike Stern - These Times, Mccoy Tyner Trio & Michael Brecker - Infinity, Brett Garsed - Big Sky, ...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Hardtail. You can actually change tuning or restring it in less than 15 minutes (HOLY ****!).

And it sounds better.
I chose tremelo cuz, well, it's nice to have for those "funky" sounds. My sound tends to be in the old-school metal sound (Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) so it is not necessary but very conveinent.
Tool box: Fender American Deluxe "None more black" Stratocaster HSS, 1981 S.D. Curlee Curbeck, Takamine G-240RS; Marshall AVT50; Dunlop Crybaby Wah.

-Member of the Motley Crue Fan Club. PM JeffWiredBeck24 to join
1. Tremelo!! I dont use it THAT often, but I love harmonic divebombs!!
2. Metal, metalcore, classic rock, neoclassical, virtuoso
3. Dragonforce, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Children Of Bodom, Anthrax, Trivium, A7X
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
1. Tremolo, I find it more comfy

2. Modern Rock, Blues, Funk

3. RHCP, RATM, SRV, Jimi Hendrix, Audioslave
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
If its set up right, Tremolo. But considering the amount of effort and time and when a 9v battery costs like 1.25$ to hard tail it... Id pick the hardtail
1. Absolutely feel naked without one, but that's the Strat player in me.

2. Post Rock, Math Rock, Alt Rock

3. The Whigs, TTNG, This Will Destroy You
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Dec 16, 2015,
Woah! Nice necro!

And a dumb thread at that. Haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/