Alot of people seem to bash marshall amps alot on here. I was just wondering are there ANY decent marshall amps in the price range of 100-200 GBP?
I'm not very familiar with Marshall amps myself but since it looks like your going to be looking for a combo I'm not sure. It depeds what you classify decent, if the tone of a Marshall MG is decent for oyu then get it. I would look around at some other amps too, cause it sounds like you're just going based on the Marshall name.
no. dont bother getting the MG. waste of money. Dont stick with marshall only either. lot of brands make good amps.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
x3 As a fellow UGer (I think it was JJ) once said, Marshall should be ashamed of their low end amplifiers.
Hi, I'm Peter
^Yes. Even if I was a Marshall endorsing artist, I'd still trash the MGs as often as possible.

They're that bad. If you want Marshall tone for that price, get a Vox AD30VT. If you want tube tone, get an Ibanez ValBee.
depends on what you want if for if its just bedroom practicing then go for a 15watt thats what i use live i use a dsl401
so basically to get a decent marshall amp I'd have to pay quite a lot? how much excatly are we talking? I'm not exactly desperate to get a Marshall, just when I first started playing guitar I tended to associate them with the best amps...apparently not the case tho
Not the case at all, there's plenty of other alternatives. It depends on the sound you want. If you indeed do like the 'Marshall sound' then you could go down the JCM2000 route or the used JCM800/900 route.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
JCM2000 - the cheapest is the DSL 401, which is about £400 new.
JCM800/900 - the combos go on eBay, depending on their condition about £350+ I'd say. The earlier JCM800 heads go for more.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
First year (1981) JCM800 2203 heads in original mint condition with Drake transformers and Daly caps will cost at least $1500. These are the hardest to find JCM's and most expensive.
Quote by SamDking
JCM2000 - the cheapest is the DSL 401, which is about £400 new.
JCM800/900 - the combos go on eBay, depending on their condition about £350+ I'd say. The earlier JCM800 heads go for more.

^^ Correct. If you're really lucky, you can get hold of some rare marshall gear for the same price (I saw a jubilee head and cab go for £350 last night). Theres always something interesting to buy
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone