Whats the best way to keep nails groomed for guitar?

I bite mine short, but not too short, but i was wondering what others advice is
um...not bite? lol
Well I keep mine short, I pick them though :P
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
Vagabong 6-string Acoustic guitar
Yamaha 12 string Acoustic Guitar
I always make sure my nails are so short they can't hit the fretboard when I push my fingers quite hard. right hand I only use for picks, but keep em short anyway
Quote by Aidy Damage
There are countries outside of America and music other than metal

Member of The White Stripes club
Quote by dr00pa
Whats the best way to keep nails groomed for guitar?

I bite mine short, but not too short, but i was wondering what others advice is

All that really matters is when you put the finger tips of your fretboard hand straight down against something that the nails arnt touching the suface what so ever.
this guitar player guy i met keeps his right finger on his left hand (fretting hand) long so he can use it to sustain notes for a long time or so he says
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
My left hand nails are short except for my thumb, and my right hand are long. My hands are really small and I'm always getting comments of "oh, they're so cute! They're like childs' hands!", so having long, elegant nails sort of cuts short the comments.

That said, I get a fair few people ask me why I have four bitten short nails and six that look like fakes. Hmm.
Don't bite your nails if you want them for picking, sand them, file them, smooth them out with emery paper. Keep them strong, I use nail hardener.

I have absolutely ZERO extra nail on my left hand.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by fuzzybunny
^Dude, you keep your nails in better condition than I do.

I get women saying my nails are better than theirs all the time :p
Thankfully my friends know I'm straight, but stuff for prom and junk they ask me to do their nails for them.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
I make sure to clip all the nails on my left hand (save for the thumbnail), as soon as I see signs of growth. I know, I'm compulsive like that.
I keep my short on both hands reguardless. I have a problem with them growing too fast. I know thats a good thing that they grow fast and all but I have to clip them like every 3 days. I really know it when my nails are too long (when I say too long I actually mean they are still short but too long to play with). I can't stand it when I pick up one of my guitars and I press down and get a muted string because my nail is too long. You know you are playing correctly if you have that problem though because you are using your finger tips.
Also, you shouldn't bite your nails. It increases your risk of bacteria and infection. It would really suck if you intentions of biting your nails is to keep them groomed for playing but you can't play because you have an infected nail.
Quote by kpasa01
I keep my short on both hands reguardless. I have a problem with them growing too fast. I know thats a good thing that they grow fast and all but I have to clip them like every 3 days. I really know it when my nails are too long (when I say too long I actually mean they are still short but too long to play with). I can't stand it when I pick up one of my guitars and I press down and get a muted string because my nail is too long. You know you are playing correctly if you have that problem though because you are using your finger tips.
Also, you shouldn't bite your nails. It increases your risk of bacteria and infection. It would really suck if you intentions of biting your nails is to keep them groomed for playing but you can't play because you have an infected nail.

Infected nail? Hasn't happened to me. That would be a cool band name though hey?
Biting works for me until this happens
Muhaha!
MAHAHAHA!!