Okay I have a cheap stratocaster copy (made by silvertone), but I'm really displeased with the sound, but I'm fairly comfortable with playing it. Would it be best to install new pickups on it, or to buy a new guitar altogether? (considering I probably can't spend much over 500 GBP)
The problem could be your amp, I used a squire start and sounded absolute dog sh*t through my 15W practice amp but I got a 90W Fender amp and it sounded like a good guitar. If you have £500 you could buy a decent amp for about £300 and use some of the rest of the money to get some new pick ups.

What kinda sound you goin for?
Dave Tither
Well I mainly play similar sorta stuff to Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Feeder, that sorta stuff. What decent amp would you recommend for around 300 quid?
i dont know the conversion but Vox and cube both make better practice amps.

then toss a hot rails in the bridge and ull be all set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i would personally buy a new guitar.silverstone make **** guitars.get like an affinity squier stratocaster or a mexican fender stratocaster standard
I got my Fender Duluxe 900 for £330 and it's a brilliant amp and reliable for gigs. Also has a few built in effects and comes with a footswitch. the distortion sounds very natural and all round a good amp.
Dave Tither
Get A mexican Strat. At GAK.co.uk. its 289 quid and then get a cube 60 which is 169 Quid. Or get a Vox AD50VT which is about 194 quid. Try them both. Both together Guitar and amp is under 500 quid. Youl get a good deal. If you get the cube youll have 42 quid left to buy pickups. If you get the vox youll have 17 quid left so you can save to get some mods.
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Last edited by Distortion_101 at May 13, 2006,
^I agree with the Vox or Cube, but could you please say the word "quid" a few more times in each post?
I know its just that i had no Pound sign on my keyboard and i was too lazy to just copy one
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much