What is a good song that you could play at a school talent show? The talent shows coming up and i need a song that the crowd would really get into and go crazy.
To impress girls:Slow, clean-tone arpeggios

To impress guys: Pentatonic scales

To impress everyone: Something they know the words to

I vote Crazy Train, it's very high-energy, but soft enough that the pussies won't be all "what the hell is this heavy metal crap"
hey I my band played Under Pressure at a school battle of the bands ,and the girls loved it and the whole crowd loved that bass line ,soo i recomend under pressure by my chemical romance.
MY GEAR
Marshall 15 watt
Crate 120 watt
Mesa Boogie nomad (head)
OLP guitar mm1
Gibson SG Standard
Acoustic guitar (custom painted)
Boss ds1
Boss t2
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky
^Smart.

Teh ones were playing (we had a small gig yesterday, were we played Fortunate SOn and i did a duckwalk...)

Fortunate Son- CCR
Ziggy Stardust- David Bowie
Schools Out- Alice Cooper
(Nothing Else Matters- Metallica)

Otehr osngs we play, were i aint playing:
Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
Under The Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Scotty Doesnt Know-Lustra, everyone will love it, and you can piss your teachers off!
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton

I played it at our talent show. It went really good, its a simple song to play, thats for sure.

We didnt place...and the first place guys SUCKED. But TONS of people came up to us afterwards and told us we did great and should have placed. Its a great song, better if you can do it yourself.

If anything go with TNT, it gets the whole "oy" thing going with the crowd, as in crowd participation. Then the song is cool, and if you pull off the solo...which is simple, the crowd freaks.
School talent show?

Another Brick in the Wall.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
walk this way, dream on. either one will get the crowd going make the ladies to swoon, and the guys to all give you high fives when you get off the stage.
NOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooo...NEVER EVER COVER A PINK FLOYD A SONG...ITS AGAINST THE RULES OKAY...

TRY...

Warning - Green Day
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Sugar We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy
Electric Eye- Judas Priest
or
Collision- As I Lay Dying (it took me some modding since one of them is using a seven string)
My Rig:
G-400
Pod XT
Spider 112
If you're just trying to impress a bunch of teenagers, anything thats currently in the top 40 as most kids these days have no appreciation for talent. Green Day, Fall Out Boy and a host of other repetative powerchord ***** bands. Playing something technical that actually had some thought put into the music but doesn't get radio play is pretty much useless.

There, my very biased opinion. Gnah!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Welcome to the Jungle
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Something familar, something everyone knows.
Rock And roll All Night-KISS
We Will Rock You-Queen
Welcome To The Jungle-GNR
Dream On-Aerosmith
Freebird or Sweet Home Alabama-Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Try to give the people something familar but something that involves a little talent.
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
American Idiot by Green Day.

Or Jesus of Suburbia if you want to play longer and impress them even more.

Everyone knows Green Day songs. They're easy to play, and everyone will think you're the greatest thing ever after you play them. Like another poster said, they'll want to hear something they know. If you play a song they've never heard, they won't relate as much. If you get the whole audience singing with you, you'll do much better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Mudder
School talent show?

Another Brick in the Wall.

The obvious choice. Its gotta be done.
the ones that used to get my school pumping were knocking on heaven's door, faster dave matthews stuff, semi-charmed life (third eye blind), lit up (buckcherry), or some chili peppers
Try the song called Johnny Be Goode by Chuck Berry, it may take some time to play it right but it's a good song.
highway to hell
but do some improv on the solo cos its kinda ****
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by AK Guitarist
If you're just trying to impress a bunch of teenagers, anything thats currently in the top 40 as most kids these days have no appreciation for talent. Green Day, Fall Out Boy and a host of other repetative powerchord ***** bands. Playing something technical that actually had some thought put into the music but doesn't get radio play is pretty much useless.

You are very arrogant and ignorant, you know that? There's a reason rock artists use power chords, and its not cause they're super easy.
Beat It - Michael Jackson. I think everyone must know it, besides if you can play the tapping solo, you will impress more.
all i gota say is that u guys who like fall out boy?comon now watever hapened to guns n roses, metallica , ac dc ,, comon now fall out boy is wat is tearing apart rock n roll.
haha im learning back in black right now and we gona play at da talen show
Quote by nospacesallowed
NOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooo...NEVER EVER COVER A PINK FLOYD A SONG...ITS AGAINST THE RULES OKAY...

TRY...

Warning - Green Day

What's wrong with covering Pink Floyd songs?
im not okay-mcr
niki fm- Hawthorne Heights
escape from hellview-cKy
Rip Out the Wings of a Butterfly-Him....these will all get attention form everyone, grisl and guys....idk bout the cky ong for girls, but really awesome guitar prt will catch ne one...
o yea and i cant for get

I Write Sins not Tragidies-Panic At the Disco
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
this is the ultimate talent show song...

Queen - We Will Rock You

it gets everyone doing the stomp stomp clap thing, and it gets everyone singing the chorus... and when the audience is into the song, youve done your job.
good idea^^^...actually, would get an awesome crowd response
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Plug In Baby by Muse
for the girls, maybe Creep by Radiohead
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Quote by AK Guitarist

Yeah, this guy can think!!!
Do "Trilogy Suite" if you want to showcase your talents. If you want girls than play some power chord **** like Green Day of Fall Out Boy.
Quote by nospacesallowed

TRY...

Warning - Green Day

why never cover floyd? most people probably would know another brick in the wall anyway, even if they never knew it was floyd.