ok so i think i have decided on buying a jay turser strat for about 200...and totally reabuilding it...i probably wont be able to buy a new neck...but i am putting new pups...anyway i play rock and metal and some shred (i know strat is not perfect for that, but thats what i want) anyway i just wanted to see if i had a good idea for pickups...so far i was thinking all DiMarzio's...a Super Distortion S in the bridge position...a Chopper in the middle position and Fast Track 1 in the neck position...what should i change around?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

that's a pretty good rig. Or you could go Chopper in both the neck and the mid. The Fast Track has slightly less output than the Chopper. If you're interested in hearing a Chopper in the mid position on a Strat, I can hook you up with a clip, since that's what I have (a Chopper in between 2 PRS humbuckers).

Also, I recommend getting a new 5 way switch so you can wire it for coil tapping. If you're interested in that, as well, I can record a clip for you of my 5 positions on my Strat. (1) Bridge, (2) coil tapping mid and bridge (tele sound), (3) Mid, (4) coil tapping mid and neck (Strat sound), (5) neck.
Hi, I'm Peter
yeah iw ould like some clips...but what do you mean with the coild tapping? (sorry i sound like a n00b, i just not familiar with customizing and changing things)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Coil tapping: effectively shuts off one of the coils in a humbucker so you get single coil tones. In the 2nd and 4th positions, it shuts off one coil in the bridge or neck humbucker and one of the coils in the chopper. The result is a very Fenderish sound. Give me until tomorrow on the sound clips. You can listen to the ones on my dmusic site, but the Chopper is NOT wired correctly, so it sounds thin. Wired correctly, it's very powerful. So yeah, give me time on those clips and feel free to ask any other questions.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ alright thanks man!...oh yeah i forgot to mention that my windows media player is a douche and doesnt play alot of media files that it should...i.e: anything off the Dmuic site...is there any other way?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

You should be able to download off of dmusic. Everything is in mp3 format. And if that doesn't work, go to www.winamp.com and download that player. The EQ on it is better in my opinion.
Hi, I'm Peter