im thinking of upgrading my pups soon, (i have teh stock epi pups in my g400, theyr not bas, but i want total custom tone now) so ive read sum good **** about the Bill Lawrence pups, im lookign for a really high gain, but super clear sound from my neck pup, so im thinking of getting the l500 for the neck, and maybe a dimarzio or JB in the bridge for sum clear but high gain and really in yo face rythyms. I played my frinds ibanez rg350(or 370, dun knwo which is the rigth number) and the pinch harmonics came very well off of it. i dont want his pups, but sumthgin in the neck that can get pinches super easy. so teh l500 woudl be godo for that? also im willing to spend max 70 bucks a pup, and for them to be passive s'il vous plais, i really don;t liek the emg81 tone, plsu theyr leik 400 bucks with tax
^ if you could stretch to $92CAD per pup you could get some swinesheads, maybe warthog and runaway, or the xbucker or something - and if you buy 2 you get free shipping (even though it's international
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
^ i don't think you get free shipping any more, unless they've changed it again...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ you do, checked the site the other day - unless they haven't updated the order form
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
^fair enough, lol. I haven't ordered from them in like 8 months, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would do the L500XL in the bridge and the 500c in the neck. I have the xl bridge/R neck and I wish the neck was a little bit better with cleans. Not that it's bad, it overdrives a little quicker than I'd like.

With my Ibanez+500xl pinches are stupidly easy.

Before I had the Lawrences I had a Duncan JB bridge/Jazz neck combo. I'd never pick that set again now that I've tried the BL's.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
why does everyone want a friggin high gain neck pickup? anyway, id go with mudder's idea
Ive got a 500L in the neck of my Les Paul and it owns pretty harshly, its got enough power to do leads really well yet at the same time it retains a nice, glassy clean tone.
^ man, i really hate the way the Bill Lawrence names are all so similar!

is this the right order, from lowest to highest gain?

500C (clean), 500R (regular?), 500L (lead), 500xl (extra lead?)?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd think so. The XL is what dime used, the L works really well in a neck position (because it is relatively hot, being in neck cleans it up, add the volume knob and tone knob in there and you get a wide variety of sounds)

I personally love the L, I want to get another one or at least a BKP similar to it for my next guitar.. lol
^ cool.

I hear the cold sweat neck pickup is the one to go for for shred, but that's just hearsay, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah.. I don't know, I'm not thinking so much shred as versitility. I really like the 500L in the neck.. It can go from a glassy strat kind of tone to a very crisp natural sounding (almost like a piezo) for fingerpicking or acousticy licks (it has alot of power but retains clarity) and then its got a great fluid distortion.
^yeah. i hear the cold sweat's cleans are a little compressed...

i have no idea, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I love my XL in the bridge for lead. If you're looking for harmonics and easy pinches then I'm assuming you're playing metal, Black Label Soc, etc and the xl would be fine. If you were playing more classic rock you could go with the L.

FWIW Dime played the L originally. Bill Lawrence wound the XL specifically for him later.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.