Hey I'm a bassist/pianist and i own a Behringer ULTRABASS BX600, and a ULTRABASS BA410 cabinet. I don't own a Head, but is it possible to plug the bass amp into the cabinet to be used as a head? because I've tried plugging it into the cabinet using the amps line out, and it doesn't work.

I know that the cabinet isn't broken though, because I've gotten it to work when i plug my bass into the BX600, use the line out from that to plug into a really small crate beginner amp, then i used the crate's line out to plug into the cabinet, and it works fine! but unfortunately..that little crate has died.

any solutions?
prs82:
I'm kind of tired of bashing them...

prs82:
Nope, just kidding. Green Day sucks.

"Hey thanks spiderman!"
"Everybody gets one."
The line out doesn't put out a power signal. Look for an extension speaker out or something of that sort. Make sure that the cab is the right amount of Ohms too.
Buy A New Crate!! :d :d :d
My gear:
Spector Legend Classic (4 str)
Ampeg BA115
Korg AX3000B Modeling Processor

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member of the "Shoop da Whoop" club. PM C.C. Deville to join
As mentioned the line out is a real low level output meant for another amp to amplify. If there is no speaker out you can mod it by adding a jack to the speaker cables that are there already (inside the speaker enlcosure) but if you're not sure about impedence and stuff it's probably not best to do it yourself.
Does the combo have a "Slave" jack on it?
Because that's what the cab out jack is labled on my Behringer.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs