So, she got delivered today at 10am and is the nicest sounding creature i've ever heard - enclosed are some pictures for those that like that sort of thing

Hehe and my crappy MG alongside - that's gonna see a serious lack of action now

And one with her clothes off

I = now
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
awesome!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yup, awesome is right - i now understand why people recommend ENGL so often - and it only cost me £475

deg0ey
Great!
5/07/05..First guitar!
Guitar names..
soXlittleXtimeX: Anybody out there ever name there guitar?
Tim-kun: My Telecaster is named Pikachu.
y i so good: i call mine penis
Quote by Dave_Mc
awesome!

holy **** dave, i didnt recognize you with the new avatar

any way, deg0ey, i expect soundclips on the double
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
ooo many questions, let's get going
from?

thats the screamer right?
how is the dirty channel..can it oly do 'engl'
Well, it was a second hand one (6 months old, just a bit dusty) from the guys at BKP, and yes it's the screamer...i don't know what you mean by "can it only do engl", but all the channels seem to have a purpose - the clean is great, the crunch is good (if you turn the channel volume up), the soft lead can do classic - heavy rock, and then the heavy lead can manage your metal.

I actually managed to get (fairly) metallicaish tones out of my telecaster, so it has plenty of gain
are ENLG's available in canada>?
You'd have to go to www.engl-amps.com and then look up the distributor for canada...
i expect soundclips on the double
I wish i could, but i have no way of recording it...i may be able to get into my friend's studio and get it recorded, but i'm not sure i can

I already have my next purchase lined up though: When it was delivered, BKP managed to ship me a custom guitar that they'd just put the pickups in for some company or other, and it sounded awesome - so after a chat with Tim to find out what was in it, i've decided to save for a pair of Abraxas

EDIT:
Why is the paint so messed up?
I can't see what you mean, it's probably the flash from my camera

deg0ey
Last edited by deg0ey at May 11, 2006,
Quote by Neon Knight
holy **** dave, i didnt recognize you with the new avatar

damn that EVH photoshop thread over at HC, it's just too damn funny!

GOS: from what i remember, the high gain channel 4 was engl through and through, but th other channels sounded different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Yeah, in my experience the Screamer can do quite a bit, from Marshally to ENGLy. It's tough to get a Mesa tone, though, it's just too bright (which I consider a good thing).

You getting a new amp, Nick?
^^ danno- yeah. I hear you can get a pseudo-mesa tone with an eq pedal, but i haven't tried this.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i wouldn't want to haven't found a mesa i like yet really

deg0ey
^ah. good point.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Awesome, have you had an opportunity to crank it yet?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Nicenice, I should be expecting my new amp in a few days too . Did you win her off eBay?
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ danno- yeah. I hear you can get a pseudo-mesa tone with an eq pedal, but i haven't tried this.

Powerball comes close, scoop it a bit, turn up the depth, use the "open" mids and its kinda mesa-like. I'm sure an EQ would work it better. It doesn't have that fizzy top end and buzz-saw kind of presence like a poorly dialed mesa, tho. Its alot more of a 'rounder' tone. Less bass, less top end, WAY more refined. Good stuff.

I'm thinking about buying an ENGL combo for a practice amp but I'm not sure. I might just use a 2x12 and attenuator or even get a marshall to mod on =x
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at May 11, 2006,
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Powerball comes close, scoop it a bit, turn up the depth, use the "open" mids and its kinda mesa-like. I'm sure an EQ would work it better. It doesn't have that fizzy top end and buzz-saw kind of presence like a poorly dialed mesa, tho. Its alot more of a 'rounder' tone. Less bass, less top end, WAY more refined. Good stuff.

I'm thinking about buying an ENGL combo for a practice amp but I'm not sure. I might just use a 2x12 and attenuator or even get a marshall to mod on =x

yep, the depth boost knob on the powerball really helps (as does the two different mid settings). I kinda miss the depth boost on mine- it's just a push-button for a pre-set amount of depth boost on mine, the knob on the powerball is much better as you can tune it a lot more.

As far as I know, the screamer doesn't have a depth boost at all...

I think d man uses an EQ with his, though, and from what i remember, he basically said it let him get the mesa tone...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, i may get an EQ for mine at some point, but for now i'm happy as is - and in answer to an earlier question about had i cranked it - yes, i underestimated the volume it could reach and just turned channel and master volumes up full on the soft lead channel, and it knocked a vase off a shelf on the other side of the room

Looks like i may be getting a guitar from www.ethosguitars.co.uk soon as well, that's gonna own everything i have at the moment

deg0ey
^yeah, i think guitarist reviewed an ethos guitar recently... said it had a few cosmetics that needed tidying up, but other than that, it was good. Of course, whether you trust the review is another thing...

and hah, i've knocked things over before as well
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, Tim being a bit of a fool managed to ship one to me with my amp instead of back to ethos, which he was supposed to do after loading it with a set of Abraxas...I obviously had a quick go, and then sent it back on its merry way - i have to say i was very impressed, but i can't decide whether it was the guitar and construction and whatever, or the BK's that made it sound that good...

Either way it was really comfortable to play, and he (at ethos) said he's willing to do me a deal due to the inconvenience of having to post it back to BK and everything, even though it wasn't his fault...Sooooo, when i've saved up the money for a deposit he's gonna get building

deg0ey
^awesome!

if it was really nice to play, that's the guitar. If it sounded great, that's mostly the pickups, but combined with the quality of the wood in the guitar...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ he mailed me back, and apparently he only charges £50 extra to put BK's in...i'm so doing that

deg0ey
^ you'll love it...so far, after 2 and a half days of extensive playing, i haven't found a single sound that i wanted but it couldn't manage...i have a feeling it would struggle at stuff like pantera, but hey - that's why dimebag played solid states...

How long you gotta wait til you actually get it? I bet you can hardly contain yourself knowing that it's sat somewhere with your name on it but you can't play it yet (i was like that at the beginning of this week )

deg0ey
^ that's not too bad, only £50 more- i assume though that that's compared to whatever "normal" pickups he'd put in.

I'd say the screamer would do pantera fine... with reasonably hot pickups.

heh, i had to wait about a week for my engl to get shipped, and then it was in my house for a few days before the cab arrived- i had to settle with looking at it...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah, it normally would have mighty mite's in it...

It's possible that the screamer could manage pantera, but my guitars tend to have weak ass pickups

I have to say i feel sorry for your having to wait a week - must've been horrible lol

deg0ey
^ it ended up being closer to 2, lol...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by deg0ey
^ i wouldn't want to haven't found a mesa i like yet really

Bah! European heathens...

Nice amp. Congrats.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by deg0ey
^ you'll love it...so far, after 2 and a half days of extensive playing, i haven't found a single sound that i wanted but it couldn't manage...i have a feeling it would struggle at stuff like pantera, but hey - that's why dimebag played solid states...

How long you gotta wait til you actually get it? I bet you can hardly contain yourself knowing that it's sat somewhere with your name on it but you can't play it yet (i was like that at the beginning of this week )

Heh, I have to wait until 28th June At least I have things like exams and driving test to keep me occupied till then

But dammit, this summer's gonna be LOUD!
^^ my summer's gonna be loud too - i have a sudden urge to join a band now, purely to show off my amp just got an offer to join a band actually, well, more of a play guitar for a solo artist job than a band but still i don't care - www.myspace.com/chalcedonyarts check it out

deg0ey