Well.. at the moment, im working with acoustic guitars. I have a Simon and Patrick (not sure of model) and a Martin DVM (Veterans Model) costed $3,000. I want to pick up electric guitars, but I'm not sure where to start. This might sound a bit greedy, but I would love a quality electric for solos & etc, that doesnt cost more than $400...
Any suggestions on cheap amps would be nice also.

If anyone has good software for electric guitar lessons, or good dvds for electric guitars, nothing too slow, that would be great also

Thanks
$400 for an amp and guitar isn't going to go far.

Now, $400 for just the guitar will get you something pretty nice. Look into some Washburns. They make a nice guitar for around $400. Even some semi-hollowbodies.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You could get a beginner package such as the Ibanez js40, I think that is about $300.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
I was really thinking about that Ibanez package. Im wondering how it sounds though, cuz i dont want to have to go and get a whole new guitar a month later once i get used to the dec one
Like I said, $400 will buy you a good guitar, but it won't buy you a good amp AND a good guitar. Is $400 your total budget, or just the budget for the guitar?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
If you just want to learn the electric and don't really need an amp for jamming right away, you might consider buying a Guitar Port. They cost about $100 new (less used on ebay) and you can jam on your computer or with headphones. And for $7 / month (with a 1-month free trial), you can subscribe to Guitar Port Online, which has lessons, backing tracks, etc so you can use it as a learning tool too. And if you decide you want to try your hand at recording, Guitar Port is probably the easiest way to record on your computer and get great sound. And later on, if you need an amp, you can buy one.

That should leave you about $300 to spend on a guitar. An Agile AL-2500 or 2800 from www.rondomusic.net would be a good starting point. These are guitars that will suit you as a beginner (on electric) to intermediate level with no problems. And then, an upgrade to better hardware and pickups would extend its usefulness even more.

Other obvious choices are the Ibanez starter guitars. They're generally well-built and sound pretty good. Ditto for Jacksons and Schecters. Regardless of brand, avoid these low end models with locking tremolos. Cheap Floyd Rose -licensed bridges usually are horrible at keeping the guitar in tune. And it's usually better to learn on a fixed bridge guitar anyway.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Crunchmeister has a pretty good idea

Don't buy any starter pack.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
lolcrunchmeister those are rip of guitars HAHAHA dude i never saw a more ripped off guitar website in my life!!!

$400 will not buy you anything worth a solo guitar. But I recommend a Ibanez and a small Fender or Crate amp here are the sites!!http://www.crateamps.com/html/series.cfm?sid=5

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2350000005
Last edited by JIMIHENDRXSUCKS at May 10, 2006,
Welcome, noob.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by JIMIHENDRXSUCKS
lolcrunchmeister those are rip of guitars HAHAHA dude i never saw a more ripped off guitar website in my life!!!

Brace yourself for the flaming of a lifetime...

But yeah, check out the Agile guitars. http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar-ss4.html
They're probably the best way to go for the price.
Last edited by Ferrets! at May 10, 2006,
No package. no package no package no package no package. Used Fat Strat and then a used Vox Valvetronix. (that may run over 400 depending on where you get it)
Thanks a bunch guys, im going to head over to guitarcenter later today and check out some of those models. Been surfing those sites too. Thanks again

Btw, $400 was just my budget on the guitar
Line6 TonePort UX1 for a hundred bucks, and Ibanez RG321 for $300.

That's a good, computer based amp modeler/recording thingy, that also works for bass, vocals, and acoustics, and a *great* guitar, with a very fast neck, and no crappy trem to piss you off.

Or, yeah, Crunch is right, Agiles make good starter guitars.
Quote by Schecter Gnome
Schecter Omen 6. $299.99 in US Dollars. Kicks ass. www.schecterguitars.com

are thses any good for metal such as metallica??
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer