I am the basssist of the band The Benefit (formerly called Foreplay). This is a song I wrote at a camp a year ago. It is pretty self-explanitory actually. The music is kind of groove-blues (like Deep Purple). It is one of our band favorites, as well as a crowd pleaser. I hope you enjoy it.

RAP SUCKS

I turn on the television
And see a gangster acting like he's all that
He make's more money than a father of two
Just because he talks real fast
And I don't see what talent it takes
Just to rhyme a couple of words
Or how much skill it takes to learn
How to flip somebody the bird

Rap Music sucks
And Hip-hop doesn't have soul
R&B's not my type
Where did you go, rock 'n' roll?

Gangsters always grab their crotch
And talk about their "bling-bling"
I guess that's cause they paid for the sex
That gave 'em the itchy ding-a-ling
And all the rappers think they're real cool
Just because their pants don't fit
Well I don't see what's wrong with that
I guess it helps them sh*t

Rap Music sucks
R&B's not my type

Little kids look up to the thug
Just 'cause he has got a gun
How cool's that guy gonna look when
The little kid shoots someone
And gangster's think they've got it tough
Just because they've all been shot
Maybe that guy wouldn't have been
Pissed if they had paid for their own pot

Rap Music sucks
R&B's not my type

I turn on the television
And the gangster says he don't care
That's okay, when he's running away
You can see his underwear
Well I guess I'm not a "G-Dawg"
So I guess I don't fit in
I'd rather live in a box on the street
Than follow the rapper's trend

Rap Music sucks
R&B's not my type

-Matthew Daly

Copyright 2005 Foreplay, Music.
"Peace, Love, and Stadium Arcadium"
Yeah, that wasn't very good. How would you like it if there was a song called "I Hate Rock N Roll" that based its judgement on the mainstream of that genre?
Crowd pleaser? Could the crowd be.. myspace.com? Man, I need to stop ragging on myspace so much. But anyway: moving into ragging on you. Coincidentally, this resembles a poorly written rap within itself. Unless you can write better than they do, you probably shouldn't be disrespecting them. All of this is why you have: an opinion. Use it wisely, and don't write anymore crap like this. It won't get you past home plate.
lol! funny piece.
"Life is like a tale, what matters is not its length but its value"
you know...if u have your opinion and you dont like the song...then say it nicely! how would you lik it if it was you, and people were saying things to you that could be said in a nice way but they said it meanly anyway? i know i wouldnt like it...he was just saying his opinion but in a song...the least you guys could do id respect that and stop saying sh** to him about this song!
always ME!
well i have to say that its amazing how someone hates something and write a song about it but it turns out to be exactly what they hate. this song sounds a like rap song, thats the only way it sounded in my head. literally it sucks so bad.......
Quote by punks4life69
you know...if u have your opinion and you dont like the song...then say it nicely! how would you lik it if it was you, and people were saying things to you that could be said in a nice way but they said it meanly anyway? i know i wouldnt like it...he was just saying his opinion but in a song...the least you guys could do id respect that and stop saying sh** to him about this song!

I think that the reason people are saying it that way is because he is stating his opinion like it is a fact. That can get on nerves easily.
ah well, I completely disagree with the title and subject matter.

You're making a rash generalization of the entire hip hop genre. Not all rappers are gun-toting, pants-sagging gangsters.

Sounds like you've never been introduced to any rap that's intelligent, and just as well thought out as rock and metal

If you're not feeling too ignorant, check out some Public Enemy, Arrested Development, Afrika Bambatta, and Run DMC.

and yes, it does take talent to write some of those lyrics, just look at Chuck D and Zach de la Rocha, from RATM, a band you claim to like (although they have very deep hip hop roots)

and all of this, is coming from a huge metal fan. So dont make generalizations about entire genre's, and stay open to other types of music.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at May 10, 2006,
Quote by da ramones
well i have to say that its amazing how someone hates something and write a song about it but it turns out to be exactly what they hate. this song sounds a like rap song, thats the only way it sounded in my head. literally it sucks so bad.......

ur right about it sounding lik rap...and thats because you dont know the right tune...thats what happens to me and ALL my friends r u used to listening to rap?
always ME!
Quote by da ramones

If it "literally" sucked so bad, it would be on its knees in front of you. and you would be saying. "Come on, get at it. You give horrible blowjobs."

I just needed to point that out. Far too many people use this word in stupid places.