epiphone les paul goth: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=517233

epiphone sg vintage (faded brown(: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=518669

I love both of these guitars, but I read the reviews for the sg vintage and tons of them said that its neck dives when you're standing up. I HATE THAT- does anyone own either one of these guitars? Please give comments. Thanks.
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
Save more maney and get a better one lol. Seriously, neither of those are very good. I'm sure you can do better. What's your gear like now?? What kind of music do you play? Budget??
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
i have a crate gt 15 and i play metal, rock, hard rock, classic rock, some punk-ish stuff, but i want to be able to have a large span of music to play. i'm not really sure about my budget because its for my birthday. keep it $800 or less. preferably less...

Quote by xchiefx
what do people have against Goddamn epiphone guitars??

Quote by xchiefx
I have nothing against them, those ones there aren't that good. Anyway, get a better amp. If your going to spend your whole budget on a guitar get the '61 Elitist SG (if you can find it) far better guitar than the Epiphones you've listed. American made electronics, 1 piece solid mahogany, with a maple cap I think, fully bound, 22 frets, nice trapazoid inlays, way better than the standard models.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Ashdown Fallen Angel
ESP Phoenix
There's nothing wrong with high end Epi's, but their low-end models suck.

As long as you get a nicer Epi, you'll have a good guitar. If you get a lower-end one, you'll just want to upgrade again in 6 months.

Also, get a new amp. Practice amps have a purpose, but a nice 30-50W amp would be great. Although my opinion will be ignored by most here because I bought a Marshall MG (even though I love it. :p.

If anything, get a new amp now and upgrade your guitar later. A new, nice amp will make your current guitar sound better (in nearly all cases).
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by onemanarmy9
I have nothing against them, those ones there aren't that good. Anyway, get a better amp. If your going to spend your whole budget on a guitar get the '61 Elitist SG (if you can find it) far better guitar than the Epiphones you've listed. American made electronics, 1 piece solid mahogany, with a maple cap I think, fully bound, 22 frets, nice trapazoid inlays, way better than the standard models.

Do you know if that will neck - dive? And even if it does, is there any way to prevent this other than moving the strap bolt?

Quote by xchiefx
Quote by onemanarmy9

/\ seconded, Also, an epiphone elitest les paul or an Ibanez RG 1570 may be good for you. Make sure you test out all these guitars before you buy one and find one thats comfortable.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
get a mexican stratocaster those are like 500

You can easily find them for under $400 USD. Same goes for MIM Tele's and Fat Strats.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yes i have the elitist sg and it is neck heavy so it will dive down
but its a great guitar i love it, im sure that you cant buy it anymore though
Last edited by enjoi91 at May 10, 2006,
I've seen them at local shops. the one I played didn't dive (then again, I got a Firebird not to dive lol). Anyway, to solve this easy, just tighten the guitar strap, it may make the guitar a little higher, but it will be balanced (at least in my case it was). Again, the '61 SG is good. If you can find the Elitist Les Pauls in that pricerange, grab them as fast as you can lol. They are amazing (and I completely forgot about them sorry about that)!!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Ashdown Fallen Angel
ESP Phoenix
My brother has the black one. It's good for its price I guess.